Chapter 16

Hello people, I almost cried of joy a bit ago. Do you want to know why? Well, I'll give you a hint. I'm more like Tim than you know. We. Were. Out. Of. Coffee. And now, I'm drinking it as we speak. I was so happy, I put some whipped cream on top. And now...I'm out. Welp, time to go get some more.

Story Notes: Ok, so Ladybug may seem mean in this, but I explained that before. She changed after Fu lost all of his memories. She became a little bit depressed, and Ladybug changed as well. She was kind of mean, and I am going to demonstrate that in this chapter.

Marinette's POV

Once we made it to the the cave, Damian had calmed down. Tim was there, and he just waved it off once he knew it was us. Confused, but didn't really care. But I am baffled that Damian didn't even act like he did before. You know, on the roof? Yeah. It was like we didn't even have that conversation. I guess he was just trying to forget it.

We went up to my room, and Chloe went to her's. At least, that's what she said she would do. I suspect she keeps hanging out with Tim. I can see it now, those two are perfect. I mentioned it to Dami, and he said that I am most likely right. "So, about Hawkmoth," I said to him, hoping that was something that they would still help us with. "I have a few guesses at who he is...well, one guess, but I'm pretty sure I'm right. But I don't have any evidence to back up my claim."

"Well..." he started, "who do you think he is?"

"Gabriel Agreste. He has a motive, his wife is dead.. Time- he hardly ever leaves his house. Space- he lives in a mansion. And he even had a book called the Grimore about the miraculouses and what they can do. But, I can't use the book as a reason because the police would ask how I came too know about it."

"Then, how do you know?"

"His son was Chat Noir, my former partner, and he found it. He brought it to school, but I was able to find it...I can't really say that, because that would give too much away about my identity." He seemed lost in thought, probably thinking if what I should tell them.

"You could say that your Guardian powers drew you to the Grimore- in Mr. Agreste's house. That would get him locked up in prison for sure."

"Yeah, but I can't lie to them...but that would be for their own good...yeah," I said, "Yeah, I'll do it. But I don't want an innocent man to go to prison. We need to investigate more. Maybe I could go to the Agreste mansion, and try to find something..."

Damian nodded. "Ok, but I'm coming with you." My head snapped up to him.

"What? No. I have to go there by myself. If he catches me and you, he would have what he wanted. Both the earrings, and the ring. Then he would have the power to wish for anything, but that would have a price, and we could all d-"

"Mari, calm down. He won't catch us. Take Kalkki in case we have to make a quick getaway. Everything will be fine," he said. I reluctantly nodded.

"Ok," I go over to the Miracle Box, where I had just put the glasses there a few minutes ago. Kalkki looked frustrated.

"Ugh. Again? Where to this time? Eiffel Tower? Louve?"

"This time we are going to the Agreste mansion." I transformed and Kalkki flew into the glasses, that I had just put on, with grace, unlike Plagg. I then merge with Tikki, and Damian transformed into Terrain Black.

"Wait, won't Chloe want to go?" he asked me.

I shook my head, "No. I've been talking about going for months, she keeps saying that she would 'rather die than be in that lunatic's house.'"

Damian chuckled, "Okayyy, then."

I then made a portal for the top of the Agreste mansion, but before I stepped through, I grabbed the miraculous of the fox. Of illusions. Damian raised an eyebrow, silently asking me what it did. "Illusions. You will make us invisible," I said. He shrugged and grabbed the necklace before stepping through. He put it on, then transformed after saying what Trixx told him to say.

After he made us invisible, we both headed inside.We looked for Mr. Agreste everywhere, but couldn't find him. First, we searched the Dining room. There wasn't anything there. Nothing that we could find at least. Then, we made our way to the study. Damian searched his desk, while I searched the walls for buttons or levers.

I go over to the painting of Emilie, and pull it back just a little bit. I looked at Damian. "Black, look." He knew what I was talking about. Then, I pull it, so it opened like a door. The Grimore was in there, along with the Peacock miraculous. "I guess I was right," I said, and he nodded. I grabbed the book and the broach, then went looking some more.

Then, Damian found something. "Ladybug, look." I went over to him, and looked at the small price of parchment paper in his hand. It was a picture of  the painting of Emilie. There were a few circles on the picture, so I went over to it again. I placed my fingers right where the circles on the piece of paper were. It didn't do anything.

I looked at Damian, then pressed into it, not knowing what it would do. The bottom of the floor opened up, and I went down a tube that was like a mini elevator. Damian quickly recovered from his shock, and joined me. Though it was a little cramped, we both fit...barely.

We saw Hawkmoth monologuing it himself, as if there were someone in the room with him. He was about to akumatize a girl who he has never got to before. Who he thought could take me on. Her name is Samantha Hall, and I know her. She is always on the bright side of things, like me. Though, we never did get along very well, she didn't believe Lila's lies. She tried to call them out, like me, but didn't care as much when they were about her. When the class got physical, she became homeschooled. Even though we never really got along, we were never mean to each other.

Hawkmoth was about to akumatize her, when I made walking noises. Hawkmoth looked in my direction, "Nathalie?" he asked. I didn't move. "What are you doing here?" he asked again. I still didn't answer.

Then I think he realized it wasn't Nathalie.

He walked over to me, still not seeing me. I plucked off the broach from his neck, and hid it in my yo-yo. I was still invisible and so was Damian, but we could see each other. He smirked as I went over to him.

"What is happening?!" now, Gabriel asked himself. "Who are you?! What do you want?!"

Damian and I went up the elevator, Gabriel still confused. He didn't have the moth miraculous anymore.

I made a portal to Chloe once we reached the top. "Chloe! We have the moth miraculous! We went to the Agreste mansion! I was right, he was Hawkmoth. Now we just have to get him arrested, and I thought you would want to be there to witness that." Chloe smiled, transformed, and jumped thought the portal.

The illusion was dropped, and Gabriel had just come up the elevator. "Lucky Charm," I said. A pair of handcuffs dropped down. I put them on Gabriel and got my bug-phone. I called the police and they picked up, "I have Hawkmoth. I'm coming over," I said.

They thought it was a prank call because I sound so happy. "Sure. And did you know that prank calling the police is a crime?" I gritted my teeth together and hung up. Oh, how much I hate Sabrina's dad right now.

Everyone noticed my change in mood, but it wasn't as bad as it would usually be. I mean, I do have Hawkmoth- or Gabriel.
"They thought it was a prank, we have to go over there and show it isn't," I said. Both Chloe and Damian didn't look too happy about that.

Once we reached PPD, Damian held Gabriel's hands behind his back, while Chloe and I walked in, "I said we had Hawkmoth! And you thought is was a prank call," I said to Officer Rancomprix. He looked down ashamed. Damian gave Gabriel to them.

"Um, what are you doing to Gabriel Agreste?"

"Are you really THAT stupid?!" He still gave me a questioning look. "I guess you are," I whispered. "He's Hawkmoth. He was about to akumatize a girl, and I caught him in the act, idiot!" He took Gabriel, who was saying that he and his lawyers were going to sue everyone in this room. "Now, put some real handcuffs on him!" I ordered, even though it was painfully obvious. "I need those back, and I don't want him escaping."

Letter: M

Word Count: 1560

Coming Home Againजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें