Chapter 13

Hello people! I slept until 2 in the afternoon today. Then I put some jelly on a biscuit and ate it. Then I watched TikTok for 3 hours. Then I continued my search for a specific story the I forgot to save and I forgot the name of. And now, I'm eating ice cream while writing this bc I'm weird like that. And my parents would not usually let me sleep that long, but I kind of stayed up until like...5 in the morning last night while everyone else was asleep. So, that has been my day. And this is the chapter...

Marinette's POV

I stiffly walked to my bed room, while Damian just stood there frozen, with a blank face. I'm really happy that I'm Damian's soulmate, it I don't think Damian is. He just froze. I turned throughout the twisted halls, not able to find the right room. I finally opted to just teleport there, just giving up.

When I got to my room, I saw an akuma alert going on for about fifteen minutes. I may have cursed a lot as I asked Kalkki to open another portal. Like, what the heck?! Three akumas in a day?! I mean, it was probably just two akumas in a day, you know, because of the time difference, but still. It's annoying.

When I arrived to the scene. I thought I was too late. It was dead silent, and I didn't see anyone. That was until I found a giant Godzilla like thing gathering up a bunch of dead bodies. Really? At least he knows how to clean.

Most people would be horrified at the view, but me? Nope. It's the usual. Part of my miraculous cure helps people forget everything that happened to them. For example, watching their family die, seeing the akuma, and even dying themselves. They basically forget there was even an akuma to begin with. It didn't start out that way; just when the akumas got more lethal. The only people that can remember it, is the heroes that defeat the akuma. Me. The worst part of it, is the smell of the blood. It makes everything more real.

Godzilla caught me in my thoughts, and picked me up, about to squash me like the bug I am. I pried myself out of his hold and poked out an eye with my yo-yo. I saw a girl out of the corner of my eye, and I made the mistake to look that way. So did the monster. He picked her up, and ripped her head off. I sighed. It's not like she'll remember.

I made my way to the Eiffel Tower, getting the monster to follow. It did, and every so often I looked back to try to spot anything. From where I was, I didn't see anything. Not even a piece of clothing.

It lifted it's arm to grab me, and I jump towards the ground. I landed perfectly on my feet, thanks to Plagg, and looked back up. There was the smallest thing stuck to it's armpit. I could see as I was falling. Most people would not be able to see it, but I did. I made my way back up the tower, so that I was at the top. It brought it's hands up to catch me, but I wrapped my yo-yo around them.

Then I got distracted, thinking about Damian being my soulmate. I should have known. A true Ladybug and a true Black Cat are always soulmates. They are each other's opposites. Then, Godzilla got his hands free and grabbed me. I didn't see a way out this time. He was bringing his fingers closer and closer to my head and I wanted to vomit. His fingers were disgusting.

But luckily, I was able to move my fingers to my yo-yo. I clicked the 'shock' option, and it did as instructed. I forgot about that power until now. It's able to be used with any miraculous. Mine, and Plagg's are the most powerful through.

It started to shake violently until the small sticker was fried to a crisp. The akuma flied out, and I watched as it went into the sky. Though, I was confused why it went to the top of the Eiffel Tower. Then, it started to multiply.

I think I got my answer.

As fast as I could, I collected all of the purple butterflies- just like I did during stone heart- they started to make Hawkmoth's face. "Seems like the, oh so powerful, Ladybug has lost her way! Mwahahaha," he mocked through the butterflies. That just made me want to collect them faster. When they were all collected, I started to make another portal. When I was about to step through, I stopped.

"Lucky Charm," I whispered, terrified that I almost let a whole city die. "Miraculous Ladybug," I said in a weak voice. I stepped through the portal before anyone could see me.

"What is wrong with me? Hawkmoth is right," I whispered to myself as I plopped on my bed. I think I heard Tikki trying to protest my statement, but I just blocked it out. I immediately tried to go to sleep, but it took a whole hour. And it didn't help that Damian was knocking on my door. I was fake sleeping. I'm not supposed to be up.

When I eventually fell asleep, I had nightmares about different scenarios that would have happened if I forgot to use miraculous Ladybug. In all of them, everyone I cared about died eventually. And so did the city of Paris. Hawkmoth won. And the world ended.

Time Skip- The Next Morning

I woke up with a shriek at about seven a.m. Luckily, I don't think anyone heard me. I got changed, and I sleepily walked down the stairs. Yes, I wanted to go back to sleep, but I also didn't. I didn't want to have anymore nightmares.

When I got to the kitchen for some breakfast, I went straight for the fridge. I made me a bagel, and ate it while laying my head on the table. I would have fallen asleep with my food in my mouth if it were not for a tap on my back. It was Damian. I stiffened. There was awkward tension in the air as we tried to not meet each other's eyes. CURSE YOU PLAGG!

Hey, i want to say something that I did earlier. SO we were watching a show on YouTube where you were supposed to guess the horror movie from a picture of a scene. There was a picture of a big dog and it was covered in blood, and do you want to know what i yelled out? CLIFFORD THE BIG RED DOG bc i watched that in fricking kindergarten and I still remember.

Letter: H

Words: 1248