Forty Eight

"and i never prepared for a moment like that yeah, in a second it all came back

"and i never prepared for a moment like that yeah, in a second it all came back."
---

"Good morning honey. You want breakfast?" Isabelle asked as I walked down the stairs.

I look at the time and see that I had fifteen minutes to spare. "Sure." I walked towards her and grabbed a plate of bacon and eggs. "Did Wes leave?"

"Yea, he had to go to the gym because he can't do regular football practice because of the suspension," Isabelle said before walking towards me who was now sat at the table. "So how did you sleep?"

"Pretty good. I had some homework to do so I had to kind of stay up a little later than usual, but I slept pretty well."

"That's good." She said with a smile. "How is Kayden doing? Is he still on suspension?"

"Yea but he only has a few days left and then he will be back at school. He still comes for lunch though because we sit outside for lunch." I said while I ate.

Honestly, Kayden and I are good though. We talk on the phone almost every night.

Also, thanks to me, Wes and Isabelle have started talking and Isabelle cried to him which is good because he needed to see that his mom is secretly hurting.

Once I was done with breakfast, I helped Isabelle with the dishes before saying goodbye and to go to my car to get to school.

Once I get inside my car, I connect my Bluetooth and the song 'Little Lion Friends' by Mumford & Sons.

I softly hum the lyrics as I pull out of the driveway and once, I hit the road my phone starts ringing and I see Kayden's name on the screen.

"Hello," I said once I answered.

"Hello angel," Kayden said once he answered making my cheeks heat up a little bit.

I don't know why he calls me that, but I love it when he does. It makes me feel happy and special, I guess.

I almost feel like saying I love you to him because I do.

I love the way he makes me feel. I love how he makes me happy when he is around. I love how he makes me smile without even trying to. I love the way he makes the butterflies in my stomach go crazy.

I love him.

I love Kayden Black.

And I hope it never goes away.

"What are you doing? Did you just wake up?" I asked.

"Yea but I wanted to talk to you before school, but I am going to see you during lunch so yea," Kayden said and again his morning voice just makes me want to drive to his house and do things to him.

"Well good morning," I said with a small smile on my face.

"Good morning angel," Kayden said huskily. "How did you sleep?" He asked,

"Pretty good. I got some homework done." I shrugged. "Also didn't have any nightmares."

"That's good. Dreamed any good dreams?" I could hear Kayden's smirk from across the phone.

"If you are implying that I dreamed an ungodly dream about you Kayden then no I didn't."

Kayden laughs on the phone making my stomach fill with butterflies. "Then what did you dream about?"

"Kayden, I have school and you are distracting me from getting there." I laughed as I stopped the car in front of the red streetlight.

"Tell me."

I sighed. "I dreamed about my family. We were in my father's garage, and we were working on a car and my mom came in and I don't know we were just happy." I said while smiling.

"Sounds like an amazing dream angel."

"It was, "I said. "What did you dream about last night?"

"You," he said making the butterflies in my stomach appear again. "I wanted to tell you later but, in the dream, I told you that I loved you," he said making me smile and tears almost fall from my eyes.

"Really?" I asked.

"Yea."

"I love yo-"

I hear a car horn beep making me release the brake and press on the gas but once I do that feel my heart racing and my head spin once my car crashed into the one in front of me making it flip out of control.

"Angel! Alexis! What happened?! Do you hear me?!"

Then I see darkness.