Eleven

"my darling you hold so much sadness in your eyes, I can almost touch the scars of your soul and cry

"my darling you hold so much sadness in your eyes, I can almost touch the scars of your soul and cry."
---

Most of the kids left already. There aren't that many lefts. Only Elijah, Jane, and this other boy named Jacob.

They are now watching the movie The Princess and The Frog because Jane wanted to watch that movie. The boys weren't too excited, but they watched it anyways.

I have met a lot of the parents and they all seem super sweet. They told me what things I should know about their kids such as their likes and dislikes and what they struggle in. It nice to know more about the kids.

"Mommy!" I hear Jane yell making me look at who walked inside the classroom.

I see a woman who looks like she was in her mid-twenties with a black pencil skirt on and a white blouse, with her hair, pulled back in a sleek bun.

Jane ran towards her mother and her mother picked Jane up in her arms and started kissing her while Jane hugged her mom.

Something about this seemed so familiar yet I could pinpoint why it. I furrowed my eyebrows while watching the two show love and affection towards one another.

"How was your day baby?" The mother asked.

"It was good. Ms. Alexis helped me with all my homework!" Jane exclaimed while pointing her finger at me.

I put on a smile and walked towards the two.

Jane's mother showcased a smile. "I'm Asia, Jane's mother."

"I'm Alexis. I am a new caregiver here."

"Well, it's nice to meet you, Alexis," Asia said. "Thank you for helping Jane with her homework, she struggles a lot with her academics, and I am no help when it comes to school."

"It's okay but Jane is a smart kid," I said while looking at Jane who has bright red cheeks.

"Are you a temporary teacher for Kathrine?"

"No, Kathrine is using the restroom right now and that's why she isn't here, but she will be back soon if you would like to wait."

"No, it's fine. I should get going. My husband and son are waiting in the car."

"Daddy's here?!" Jane exclaimed.

"Yup and Brandon too," Asia said with a smile before looking at me. "Jane loves going out for dinner, so we are going to go to Olive Garden."

"Yay!" Jane explained making me laugh.

"Well, you guys have a good time. I'll see you tomorrow Jane."

Jane and her mother said their goodbyes and left out the door.

I went to go back to sit with Elijah and Jacob on the floor.