16.

author note: this one is short but the next one will be very lengthy. i hope you guys are enjoying it. it's going kind of slow right now but it will get better.

𝑶𝒅𝒊𝒏𝒂 𝒑𝒐𝒗

three days later...

My stomach is in pain and I've been taking pain killers. I know I lost a lot of blood. And I feel weak and just tired.

It's four in the morning and I still need to train. Luca gave me two days to rest. Now I'm back. He said if it happens again he will kill me himself with the knife.

He says that when a leader falls they don't take off days. They show up the next days and act like nothing happens.

Just as what happened when I got assaulted. And now that I had a knife go through me.

I put my hair down in a bun and put on some spandex this time since it's hot. I wear a black sports bra before making my way down to the training ground.

I walk in and see Da Vinci taping his hand. I do the same and stretch a little knowing I'm probably rusty.

Since I'm always busy doing things or helping Luca I only train three times a week. But each time it's hell.

Luca trains by himself. I saw him once training with a sword and he was going through plans.

He pretends that there's someone and reads there next motion. And if he messes up he retraces and makes something work.

He does it for hours and he's always so focused. All on his own.

I pick up a sword as Da Vinci does as well.

....

In seconds my back is pressed against his chest and his sword is to my neck. I'm over this.

I've lost eighteen times.

His other hand is around my wrist and holds it down.

"Calm down." He whispers.

"Too tense. You're almost there. Practice on your own and imagine you're fighting me. Remember my steps and figure out how you would put me down. You need to be on the same level as Luca by the time you guys marry." He states letting me go and I hold my stomach as I'm sore.

"Why don't you talk about your mom?" I blurt as before drinking water.

He puts a towel over his head and shrugs.

"She didn't want this life and I can't blame her. She left my dad when I was three and then I heard she got murdered for leaving. I don't have much memory but I know she was good.my father still grieves and he vowed to never marry again." He laughs and so do I.

"Luciano is nice." I admit.

"He liked you like a daughter. " he speaks.

"Really?" I smile and he nods as we leave the place. We walk through the path of cement and he opens the door for me back inside the house.

"Don't take a bullet for a man who wouldn't do the same." Da Vinci say out of no where.

"Luca does what's best for him. You're getting too comfortable. Backtrack." Is all he says before leaving.

Backtrack.