Therapy

Thank you for reading and enjoy!

Maybe he could be happy.

"I have places to be so I'll see you around," Before Danny could reply, Jason drove away. Danny sighed, making his way into the manor. He should apologize to Mr. Grayson and prepare for the million questions he knew they would ask. With each agonizing step, his heartbeat quickened. Did Mr. Grayson hate him now? Danny stood in front of the door, not having the courage to knock. Maybe he should turn away. Fly back to Amity Park - but then what? His parents clearly did not want him. The Guys in White would capture and dissect him. He refused to consider Vlad as an option. As for Sam and Tucker, he could never ask them for this. Maybe he could live in the Ghost World or travel like Dani. 

"How long do you plan to remain a statue Master Danny?" Danny jumped back in surprise. Even with his enhanced hearing, he did not hear Alfred. How was that possible? "I see Master Jason treated you to desert. Make no habit of it. Junk food is forbidden in this manor for as long as I live." A shiver went down Danny's spine as Alfred gave him the 'Do not dare defy me' glare. Danny had new found respect and fear for the man. Alfred gestured for the boy to enter. "Dinner will be served at 7pm sharp. Tardiness is not accepted." Alfred disappeared into the manor as Danny made his way to the living room. He was not surprised to find it empty. He was stalling. He had enhanced hearing and could easily find Mr. Grayson but did he want to? Yes but no. It was easier to express himself around Jason but with Mr. Grayson it was different. Not only did he claim - was his brother, he was also a bright light. It felt wrong to disappoint the man or to hurt him even the slightest. If Jason had the 'dark' aura then Mr. Grayson had the 'sunshine' aura. 

"Are you lost?" Mr. Grayson shifted his weight to his left foot, avoiding Danny's eyes. Being so lost in his thoughts, Danny did not realize he had unconsciously made his way to Mr. Grayson. The man stood awkwardly at the door, dressed in his police officer uniform. 

"I.....I-"

"I have to get to work but -"

"I'M SORRY," Danny lowered his head in shame. For a brief moment, the two stood in silence before Mr. Grayson ruffled Danny's hair. 

"I never blamed you. Listen I have to go to work and I might not be back for a while so take care. Okay?" Danny's heart dropped. Was Mr. Grayson leaving because of him? Even though he said all those terrible words, he wanted to get to know the man. There was so much he wanted to ask him. "I know this is all new to you but you'll get used to it." Danny didn't lift his head up in fear of the water droplets that threatened him. He deserved this. Why would Mr. Grayson want him after what he pulled? "Trust me." Danny gave a weak nod as the man patted his head. Danny stood at his spot, listening to Mr. Grayson's footsteps. They stopped at Tim's room before going to Damian's. Danny made his way to his room. Maybe the universe hated him. Why else would it give him a brother just to take him away? Mr. Grayson was just a hand away yet Danny could never reach him. 

Danny watched the rain droplets hit the window as he waited for time to pass. Was this his new life? He missed being free - not that he ever was. The manor was like a cage. A beautiful cage. Maybe he should explore it. Especially the waterfall under the manor. He wondered if anyone knew. He loved the sound of the water hitting the walls, planning to visit it when he was sure no was around. Danny glanced at the clock, 6:55pm. Remembering Alfred's warning, he made his way to the dining room. Bruce was already at the head of the table, with Tim arriving at the same time as Danny. The two took a seat across from each other as Damian made his way in. As promised, Alfred served the dishes at 7:00 pm sharp. Danny did not need to eat as much as a normal human. After all, he was half dead so he took a little bit of everything. He didn't think they would notice. His parents never did.