Monster

Thank you for reading and enjoy!

Danny groaned in pain as his senses and consciousness returned. The metal table underneath him made him sick to his stomach. Was he captured by the GIW again? His hands and feet were locked to the table with metal cuffs. His normally still heart, thumped like there was no afterlife. Where was he? He opened his glowing green eyes, scanning the room to discover he was in what he thought was a cave. Now being able to think properly, he turned intangible, flying off the table. He was certainly not being held by the Guys in White. He silently sat on the ground, calming his nerves so that he could hear something other than his thumping heart.

"- Danny Phantom. Danny Fenton. Phantom. Phantom -" Danny recognized the voice as Dicks, relaxing more. By the footsteps, Danny knew Dick must be pacing back and forth. He wanted to go comfort the man but who would comfort him? He never wanted his brother to discover his secret like that. In fact, he would have preferred if he never found out.

"Grayson, stop being an imbecile. Fenton is merely a meta-"

"No no no. I've heard this name before.......I just don't know where.." First, Danny didn't know what a meta was but he was certain he was not one. Second, and most importantly, when would Dick have heard his name? Unless he went to Amity Park which, he was sure the man never did. Danny's head and senses were now more alert and clear. With the help of his enhanced hearing, he figured they were under the manor - so they did know of the waterfall. Dick was pacing around, Damian was standing by, someone seemed to be typing on a big computer, another was doing something with tools, and the last person was just sitting in a chair. He concluded it was probably Bruce and the boys. Alfred was most likely there too but Danny could never hear the ninja butler. He wasn't prepared to see any of them. Why did they tie him to the table? Were they afraid of him?

"Huh. Guess heroism runs in the blood. Danny's a pretty big deal in Amity Par-"

"What?"

"Yah. After a lot of hacking - someone really did not want the Justice League to know of Amity Park - I discovered, Danny's been protecting the town for two years against ghosts-"

"Ttt Ghosts? Drake have you finally lost your pathetic mind?"

"At least I have one to lose br-"

"GUYS IN WHITE!" Danny covered his ears at Dick's scream. He didn't know which to focus on; the pain of his bleeding ears or the panic that Dick knew of the GIW. "I heard they were searching for Danny Phantom."

"One, that name is so stupid. Two, who even is that? I know every villain and group in the Bat com-"

"It was the mission I went on when Danny had just arriv-" Danny's fingers dug into his palm as he waited for Dick to continue but the man only took large and heavy steps towards the person sitting silently on the chair. "B! You KNEW! THAT'S WHY YOU NEVER LET ME FINISH DECODING THEIR DATA. BRUCE HOW COULD YOU? HE'S MY BROTHER! I DESERVED TO KNOW! I THOUGHT YOU-"

"Richard-"

"NO BRUCE. YOU KNEW ABOUT DANNY! YOU KNEW AN EX-GOVERNMENT FACILITY WAS AFTER MY BROTHER -"

"RICHARD! I WAS PROTECTING YOU! YOU AND THE BOYS-"

"How exactly?" Jason's voice was calm yet laced with venom and hate. "How exactly were you protecting anyone?" Danny shivered as he felt Jason's aura change. He didn't know how but he knew Jason was milliseconds away from shooting Bruce.

"He's dangerous." Small tears fell to the ground as the words repeated in Danny's mind. He was dangerous. Bruce was right but he would never hurt any of his brothers - when did he start to think of them as his brothers? Bruce was right. He should have kept his distance.

"And we aren't, father? Ttt I am Damian Al-gul Wayne, grandson of the demon head, heir of the league of assassins, son of Batman, partner of Nightwing, member of the Titans, trained to kill - Am I not dangerous?" Was Damian defending him? A small smile tugged at Danny's lips as he remembered the day Damian had lifted his Katana to defend him. Danny wanted to disappear but he knew he had to stop Jason first. Danny was fighting to not match Jason's aura. It was like Jason was somehow influencing his emotions or maybe Danny felt like shooting Bruce himself.

"He's more powerful than any of you can imagine. More than you have seen-"

"He's a sixteen year old boy!"

"THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT MAKES HIM A THREAT TO EVERYONE'S SAFETY. HE'S A SIXTEEN YEAR OLD BOY WITH MORE THAN ENOUGH POWER TO DESTROY THE WORLD!" Danny didn't want to hear anymore. He didn't want to be the cause of a drift in the family. No matter how much he despised Bruce, his words were true and more importantly, when he had no place to call home, the man welcomed him to the manor. Even if he had ulterior motives, he still welcomed someone like him to his home. Danny should be nothing but grateful.

"You're right. I am but I would never do that. I......I know more than anyone Bruce of just how dangerous I am and trust me, I have learned the hard way of just how dangerous my powers can be," Danny stared at the ground, not meeting anyone's eyes. He didn't want to be seen as a monster but that was all he was. That's all he could ever be......It was his own fault for hoping he could find his place among them. "I'm-"

"DANNY!" Dick moved to embrace him but Danny simply turned intangible, allowing the man to flow through him. He was sure they were shocked but he couldn't bring himself to look anywhere but the ground.

"Dan-"

"Unless you want a bullet in your skull, I suggest you don't finish that sentence. I'm taking Danny - I dare you to stop me Old man." Danny didn't say anything. There were no words to be said. He simply followed Jason out of the cave. The man didn't even bother to offer him a helmet; Not that Danny minded. He liked the cold wind.

"Sam and Dani-"

"Safe. Bruce is a real piece of work," Danny smiled at Jason's effort to not swear. "Who were those...."

"Ghosts......kinda...." Vlad was a halfa like him and Dan shouldn't exist. Danny was expecting Jason to interrogate him further but the man said nothing. Was he being considerate? He had thought they were going to Jason's place but to his surprise, they were at a really nice part of Gotham. He didn't think there was any part of Gotham that could be nice.

"This is where rich scums spend their money." Danny rolled his eyes. Jason was literally the adopted son of the richest scum in Gotham. Irony. Jason led him to an apartment in one of the skyscrapers. Unlike the one Jason had kidnapped him to, this one was well maintained with a perfect view. It  was also not empty.

"Mr. Killing Machine, I was not expecting you ton-" Jason covered Danny's eyes.

"I'm using this place so get the F- fudge out!" Danny wondered how stupid Jason thought he was. Unlike Jason, the man didn't even attempt to hide his voice. It was the man in the black helmet.

"This," Danny assumed the man was pointing at something, "was not part of the contract-"

"De-"

"But I'll let you use it. Don't you dare break a single item. I would forbid your brothers but ........alas they are already here." Danny heard the man leave as Jason removed his hand. Three knocks at the window and he knew it was gonna be a long night. He didn't think they would come.

Maybe.....

Just maybe.....

They didn't see him as the monster he believed to be. 

A/N: Like and comment!

Hey guys! Been awhile but I hope everyone is doing well. I got busy with my studies and life but I'm back. 

We are finally in March - I swear sometimes, time is going so fast and other times so slow. 

So how's time flowing for you?

-For me, it's been a blur. 

Anyways,

☠👻☠

Be safe and remember to get sleep!

.