Escape

Thank you everyone for reading and Enjoy!

Danny looked down at the dark city. He missed Amity Park; where the sun would wake him up and people would smile when passing each other. Gotham was anything but Amity Park. He stopped three muggers, saved two cats  and helped three ducks cross the street. He was tried. Hungry. And confused. In his current state, he knew it was impossible to fly back to Amity Park. All he could do was hope his -No. Not his but- the residents of the manor would not find him. He hid in an ally as he transformed back to his human half. Not one person bothered to ask him if he was alright. If he was lost. Not one. He continued walking with his head down. 

"Hello Kiddo," a man with a scar across his face patted Danny's head. Danny shivered at the man's touch, quickly putting a distance between them. "Uncle Ben won't hurt yah." Danny tried to remain calm but he was panicking. He had fought ghosts and saved the world countless times but never had he been in such a situation. "If you play nice, Uncle Ben will give you a treat." The man's smile made Danny's stomach drop. Without a second thought, he ran from the man but he didn't know the city. He didn't know where he was. He didn't have the time to transform and fly away when the man cornered him to a dead end. "Now you've made me mad. Do you know what happens to naughty children?" The man pulled out a rusty kitchen knife. Danny was terrified. He tried to remember he was not a normal teen. He could take this man on, even if he had to use his powers. Who would believe the man anyways? That was what he thought but his body did not follow his mind. He stood frozen in fear. 

"Do you know what happens to weirdos who threaten the kid's in Crime Alley?" A robotic voice spoke from the top. Danny thanked the ghosts for the interruption. The man pointed the knife in the direction of the voice. 

"Who's there?" The man was shaking with fear but refused to back down. With a thud, a man with a red helmet and guns strapped to his waist stood between Danny and the 'weirdo'. Like a shield. Danny's relaxed in the man's presence. There was something about the man's aura.

"Red Hood at your service. Now, how do you wanna do this?" Red Hood pointed his guns at the man who bolted at the speed of light. Danny saw the tracker Red Hood threw at the man. Red Hood turned towards Danny. Danny couldn't see his face but he was sure the man was studying him. 

"Th - thank you -"

"Let's go. You're guardians have been looking for you." Red Hood pressed a button. Two seconds later, a red motorcycle came to view. His guardians? Did they care enough to look for him? His own parents threw him away.

"How do you know who my 'guardians' are?" His voice came out smaller than he intended. All he wanted to do was sleep and then wake up to find out this was a horrible nightmare. 

"Trust me kid. More than half the city knows Bat- Bruce is searching for you. You know Billionaire Playboy, Prince of Gotham, et cetera," Red Hood waved his hands in the air. Danny didn't have the energy to fight the man and he doubted he would win. So he climbed on to the motorcycle, holding on to the man for the little life he had left. Danny was puzzled by why the man's aura felt so familiar. It was calming yet dangerous like Jason's but amplified ten times more. Danny made a mental note to ask clock work if he ever returned to the ghost world. 

Danny felt the bike stop but he continued to pretend to sleep. He did not want to face Mr. Grayson or anyone from the manor yet. He was sure Red Hood would shake him awake but the man gently picked him up bridal style. If it were any other time, Danny would have died completely of embracement. 

"I know you're awake," Red Hood's robotic voice announced but Danny kept his eyes closed. "Gotham's not a nice place kid. Don't go running around unless you're looking to get killed," Red Hood stopped walking. "Mr. Wayne, Here's ya boy. Found him in Crime Alley," Red Hood handed him to whom Danny assumed was Bruce. Danny felt like a doll. That's all he was anyways. Passed from one person to another. From his parents to Mr. Grayson. He was sure Mr. Grayson wouldn't want him. Not after he ran away. Especially not if he found out Danny Fanton is Danny Phantom. He heard Red Hood's motorcycle drive away. 

"Danny, no one's mad at you but we need to talk," Bruce's voice was calm. "We were all worried about you-"

"Ttt Father, have we not wasted enough time playing his childish games? The imbecile does not deserve -"

"Damian. To your room now!" At Bruce's scolding voice, Danny opened his eyes. He was only scolding his son yet his voice was so harsh. Danny had never heard such a harsh tone and that terrified him. He jumped out of Bruce's arms. Damian gave him a glare while walking away. 

"Foolish peasant." Danny cursed his enhanced hearing for allowing him to hear the boy's insults. Bruce patted Danny on shoulder, causing him to jump. Danny was glad he was tried or else he would have turned invisible. 

"DANNY!" Mr. Grayson engulfed him in a hug. If Danny wasn't already dead, he was sure he would have died from the bone crushing hug. "I thought something happened to you! Where did you go?" Jason pulled Mr. Grayson off of Danny, allowing him to breathe. 

"Crime Ally." Jason took a seat across from him. Danny felt Jason's eyes study him. "Care to explain how you got there?" Danny gulped. 

"How did you even get to the city?" Tim walked in. 

"Forget that, how did you get out of the manor?" Mr. Grayson ran his hands through his hair. Danny cleared his dry throat. 

"I...I'm....I use to sneak out a lot at Amity Park.....so it wasn't that hard....." It was partially true. Danny refused to look anywhere but his hands. 

"You are used to sneaking out of the world's most secure manor? Without tripping a single alarm?" Jason remarked. 

"Most secure? .....Isn't....that a bit overconfident?" Danny did not see a single camera or alarm since he came here. Fanton works had more security than this manor.

"If only you knew," he heard Tim whisper. Danny didn't understand the silence or the comment but he knew he messed up. He knew they weren't going to believe his lies. The ghost in him told him he was screwed. 

"Since it was so easy," Danny looked up at Bruce.  "I'm sure you won't mind showing us?" 

Danny knew he was done.

Unless he escaped the manor......again

but as a human.....

How hard could it be?

A/N: 

Like and Comment!

☠👻☠

Side note: Running on 4 hours of sleep because of my bestfriend, Procrastination. Why did I not make better friends?

Anyways, Be safe!

.