1. Changbin

Cramming.

The underrated, yet effective way to study less than twenty-four hours before an exam. Or at least, that's the definition Changbin promotes for the study technique.

In reality, it's far from underrated and even further from effective. But every university student is guilty of it. The excellent place to cram is in the University library, the place where students gather to stare at their coffee for long amounts of time.

A place where Changbin gets receives complaints from the librarian because he was too busy having fun with his other friends.

People can often find you in the library, everyone but Changbin can find you there. You usually claim a spot after Changbin's spot has been taken by someone else.

Not that you don't want to study with your boyfriend around, but at the same time, that's exactly what is going on. You don't even want to imagine getting scolded by the librarian because Changbin tries to distract you by either annoying you or trying to kiss you.

With him around, your laptop won't run out of battery and your page wouldn't get turned. Unfortunately for you and Changbin, the library is in the middle of renovations and Changbin is in need of come cramming for tomorrow's exam.

So the two of you have no other option but to study at the dorm: one where the two of you share a room to make matters even less fortunate. While you lie on the lower bunk bed, Changbin is glued to the chair in front of his desk.

Two pairs of earbuds so that the two of you don't end up bothering each other, but the secret glances you give each other unconsciously distract you anyway.

Creeping above the sound coming from your wired earbuds, is Changbin's voice.

"I should have started studying earlier." he complains.

With his sigh, he exhales so much air that he might be able to fill up an entire balloon with it. Because you're trying to focus on revising for your own exam, Changbin realizes you might be ignoring him.

And he's a hundred per cent right when he thinks so. You heard the words and even the sigh, but you're busy and don't want to lose focus right when your concentration abilities are peaking.

"Y/N." Your head doesn't turn but your eyes do, and Changbin immediately notices that your eyes momentarily focus on him. But as soon as he sees it, the vision is replaced with you looking at your laptop screen.

So you actually are ignoring him, interesting. Fakely saddened by his observations, he resumes his activities.

It starts with the definition list that he made for himself but never truly finished after the first lecture, and after that, he decides to listen to the secret audios he kept of professors that give the lectures.

But without the PowerPoint presentations, he doesn't even understand what they're talking about. The professor's voice is noise, like a foreign-sang song. Was he present during that lecture? Where are his notes of that chapter?

"I need help, Y/N." Changbin says as he pulls at the cord of his earbuds, pulling both of them out of the shell of his ears at the same time.

The white plastic hits the laptop keyboard, the noise barely audible due to the low volume he was paying it on.

"You need to help me with this, I don't understand." You tug at your own wired earbuds but only remove one out of your ear to listen to him.

"What did you say?" You inquire. Your focus hadn't shifted as he asked for help, or perhaps it did but you were challenging him into saying it again.

"I don't understand." he spoke.

He wheeled the chair over to the bunk bed, his legs pulling him along the wooden floor around three times before the distance had turned into being so nearby that the length of his legs wouldn't even allow it.

"You don't understand what?"

Whether you're doing it on purpose or not, Changbin can't help but suspect that you're teasing him. Less than twenty hours to go before the exam, he has no time to explain what he doesn't understand.

How can he even explain when he doesn't understand. His puckers his already plump lips, his eyes closing for a second. He's trying not to panic or snap because the last thing he wants is to make you stressed in the process.

"I don't understand anything!" He scoffs as the sound automatically slips out after he speaks.

His lips purse themselves shut, too afraid to sigh excessively. His scoff makes you turn your head away from your laptop, instead, your eyes shift towards him.

"Is this your first time studying?" you ask him even though you are pretty confident about guessing the answer correctly in less than three chances.

A new sound slips past his lips. A hum of approval, the confession that he never opened his book and never reread his notes until a little bit over five hours ago.

"I know..." he says so that you don't have to say it.

"I know I should have started sooner."

"You should." you agree.

Changbin looks far from surprised when you agree, he shows the reaction of someone who realizes his own mistakes.

"I still have my notes from last semester, or at least, I think I do."

And that's how five minutes later, Changbin is holding a heap of paper sheets between his fingers. Dividing them by chapter with his fingers even though that makes the thin paper only heavier to hold and visibly more to study than he expected.

"That should be it," you say. One last sheet is fished from a drawer where you kept the notes of classes you finished, you don't throw them away and for once it's a good thing that you didn't.

"Thank you so much, holy shit."Changbin almost kisses the paper but doesn't, instead, he lays it on the table.

The papers spread out like a deck of cards so that he doesn't lose the structure of the order of the chapters. Even if work is waiting, he can miss another minute.

He approaches you again, his foot pushing the drawer shut before you can do it with your hands. His hand afterwards reaches for yours, easily pulling you up from your kneeled position.

"What can I do to thank you?" He asks you, his hand removed from yours but that doesn't put an end to the physical contact.

His arms wrap themselves around your abdomen, his hands claiming your waist to rest on.

"How about studying earlier?" You suggest with a playful tone. And despite avoiding the scolding words before, he can't help but let out a laugh now.

"I was thinking more about a kiss but studying earlier also works, I guess." You laugh at the words

"I'm not sure, that seems more like a reward to you than it is for me," you remark. But Changbin's brown eyes don't leave room for rejection, staring at you with a soft and yet stern look. Seems like he really wants that kiss.

"Fine." you give in.

Having said that, Changbin doesn't waste any time. His lips land on yours as gently as a butterfly would land on the petal of a flower.

The kiss is soft and filled with love, but Changbin wouldn't be Changbin if the kiss isn't running overtime. With each passing second, the kiss grows more heated. Despite the timeless moment, time doesn't stand still.

"Back to your desk." you teasingly say against his lips, your hands already pushing him back towards his chair.

"How about back to bed instead?" He mumbles back against yours.

"You need to start cramming so that I can start ignoring you again."