𝒆𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕

-~-

-~-

A few days later Sherlock had arranged for both himself and Adeline to see Enola at Miss Harrison's Finishing School.

The pair had been left alone in Miss Harrison's office while she went to get Enola from her room.

"I have never seen such a range of romance in my life" Sherlock stated holding a book.

"It's enough to turn you to newspapers." He shut the book with a snap. Adeline gave a chuckle.

"That is a surprise, I always thought you had quite the eye for romance novels." Adeline said from where she was sitting, facing Miss Harrison's desk. Sherlock narrowed his eyes at her.

The couple were interrupted when Miss Harrison and Enola entered the room. Adeline stood up and frowned, Enola looked so defeated.

"Mr Holmes." said Miss Harrison, said with a smile, which turned to a frown when she saw Enola looking down. Miss Harrison tapped Enola's chin with the back of her hand and Enola looked up.

Enola's eyes widened upon seeing the two, and said.

"You." In a whisper when looking at Sherlock.

"Thank you, Miss Harrison." Sherlock said, dismissing the woman.

"Oh, of course." Miss Harrison replied, looking shocked at being kicked out of her office, she urged Enola out of the way before continuing on her way out of the room.

Once the door shut, Adeline and Enola looked at each other for a few seconds before rushing to each other and colliding in a hug.

"I'm sorry you've been left here, Enola." Adeline whispered to the girl and placed a kiss on her head. Enola looked up.

"It's not your fault." Adeline gave a small smile. Enola looked to her brother, and let go, walking towards him with a fast pace, and grabbing the newspaper in his hand.

"What in heaven's are you looking for?" Sherlock asked as Enola scanned the page with her finger.

"Why might you be interested in the personals? You've gone quite mad." Sherlock questioned. Adeline walked closer to the sibling duo, interested in what Enola was up to.

"I have a right to be mad in a place like this." Enola said, Adeline let out a loud laugh.

"I was forced into calligraphy as a child." Sherlock tried to relate

"Ah." The great detective had found a piece of paper with calligraphy upon it, as Adeline sat back down.

"Hated it, but there's rarely a case where someone's handwriting doesn't tell me something I need to know." Sherlock finished.

"And what might she learn from deportment?" Adeline queried with a grin.

"The way a person stands may disguise who they are. Nothings wasted." Sherlock responded back playfully, and if it could Adeline's grin grew bigger.