Chapter 2

Hi mom.! I smiled as I walked into her room. She was up watching tv laying there looking off at the screen. She looked my way and smiled.

Oh my god Magic.! She smiled hard with tears in her eyes..

Hi.! I smiled giving her a hug. I haven't spoken to or heard from my mom in 3 and a half years. After I moved to Cali with my dad I cut her off completely. Especially after she treated me when the situation with Corey happened.

I can't believe your here right now.

Yeah, well me either.! How are you feeling.?

I'm okay just sore....

What happened.?

I had slipped and feel and hit my head on the kitchen counter. She said without being able to look at me.

Are you sure...?

Yeah.!

That's not what Corey told the doctors....he said you fell and hit Your head in the bathroom on the tub.

I probably did everything happened so fast.

Ma you do know you don't have to cover this up for him right.

It's juts that we both lost our jobs and we are tryna make ends meet. I know he doesn't mean it but I'm trying to help make it better.!

Is that what he told you.? Come on ma your a whole nurse how did you lose your amazing paying job for Corey HOW.?!

I was doing to much he said I wasn't catering enough to him or I wasn't loving enough to him because I worked so many hours. So I started calling off to please him. I made some eggs wrong the one day and he damn near took my head off because of it.

That's a sign he's going to kill you. And from looking at some of these scares and bruises it doesn't look like it's the first time. You need to get rid of his sorry ass and if you need some help I'm willing to move back here with you. He's going to kill you. And the next time I see you I don't want it to be at a morgue or a funeral home. And you better understand that I will stop at NOTHING and I mean NOTHING to put him 6ft under or in a cell for life.! I said sternly. She looked so surprised at the words that came out of my mouth but I ment every word I said.

I will be fine I juts have to stop making him mad.!

Owee your really making it so hard for me to not to say FUCK YOU right now.! I know you can not be this damn dumb.

Watch your mouth you may be 21 but your still my child and you will respect me.!

I stopped respecting you when you let your boyfriend sexually assault me and get away with it.! I lost all respect for you when you chose him over me. I lost respect for you the day you stopped being a mother.! And all honesty your just as worse as him. And as much as I wanna say you deserve everything that's coming to you....I won't but you do need to open your eyes before you die.! I grabbed my purse from her bed and walked out. I couldn't understand how domestic abused victims could be so stupid and brainwashed.

I got in the car and made my way to the mall. Yes retail therapy always made me feel better still. It's not a surprise how I still remembered how to get to the mall. It seems like I been gone forever.

Oh my god .!!! Magic is that you.? Amber yelled as she seen me. I stopped in my tracks "FUCK" I said under my breath. I didn't want anybody to know I was back in town at all.

Heyy.! I smiled lightly waving and she couldn't help but to come over to me.

Oh my god.! Laniiiii is going to freak when she see you.!

Ohh umm I kinda didn't want anyone to know I was here so...

What.?! Come on now it's Lani your bestfriend.

actually Lani's your bestfriend tell her I said Hi though.! I said with a slight smile and walked off. Was that bitch tryna be funny? Should I go back and smack her.?

I went in Chanel and stopped at the door. But Monica saw me and waved in excitement. Martavion turned around and my heart started beating fast as all hell.

Magic.? He questioned his voice was so deep and stern. His facial expression non existent. His eyes was filled with hurt. I turned around to hurry up and leave.

You disappeared for four years.! Four fucking years Magic.! And reappear in a damn mall than try and run away.! He yelled at me coming after me.

What the fuck do you care Martavion.? You didn't care about me at all. You turned me into a fiancé just to fuckin ignore me. I cried damn near every night because I felt so helpless and was tired of having nightmares. I moved to Lani house and you didn't fight nor look for me. You stayed out all night and did god knows what with other bitches. I didn't need that. So yes I moved.! I moved far away from here to a whole nother state where somebody wasn't trying to kill me.!

I was going through my shit and didn't know how to explain to you I was wrong and I didn't know how to make it up. But you sent all this money back to me over 75,000 dollars and decided to just fall off the face of the earth how do you expect me to just accept that.

Did you look for me.?

I tried..... I did everything I could think of...

Did you call my dad.?

No....

Did you check the phone records to see when I got my number changed.?

No...

You see I left some clues In hope that you would find me.....that you would care enough to see I simply changed my number and would call me to rescue me. Or just simply say I'm sorry. You didn't call my dad but that's the first place I would of been if I wasn't in the town when I have no other family there.! You didn't really care.! I said what I had to say and walked off. I left that damn mall so quickly. I was so angry and I wanted everybody to leave me the fuck alone.! Out of all days people decided they wanted to go to the mall.