Chapter 7 | Welcome to The Palm Tree Diner

Firstly just wanna say, I just hit over 1000 views on web novel in just 6 chapters which is amazing! If u know anyone on there please ask them to check out Undeniable Chemistry on there too. 

Secondly, If you like the book be sure to add it to your library and vote and comment, please. 

Thirdly, drama coming soon!!! Now, without further ado...

Chapter 7 | Welcome to The Palm Tree Diner

Saturday.

For most it is a day of self-reflecting, partying, eating or sleeping.

For me, it is a day of working.

My first shift at the diner was today and I couldn't help but be excited. I got to spend hours out of the house.

I got out and made my way to the washroom to commence my morning routine. After looking at myself once more in the mirror, I put the concealer in my pocket. I was able to wear a shirt today since the bruises on my arm were no more. Soon I'll be wearing shorts which was a relief since the hot weather was getting to me.

I went downstairs and saw my father sitting on the couch with an alcohol bottle in one hand and a cigarette in the other.

"Good morning," I said my eyes were not meeting his gaze.

"Where are you going?"

"The diner, my first shift is today."

He said no more and took a swig of his drink so I thought he was done and started leaving but his hands wrapped around the collar of my shirt and he made me crash into a wall, making me wince on impact.

"Did I say you could go?"

I shook my head no and he slammed me into the wall again.

"Answer me when I'm talking to you bitch!" He yelled and I turned my face

"S-s-sorry," I said "you better be" he mumbled. He slapped me across the face and told me to go.

I sat in the car and looked in the mirror. My bruises were never-ending. They came and left. I pulled up my pants to check if I still had bruises there but they all seemed like they faded away. I had a few scratches here and there but other than that I was good.

I remember the day I asked him to stop beating my arms, legs and stomach. He beat me senseless but he did stop. Well, for the most part. He still punched me in the stomach but it was more on the face now.

If I'm good though I might be able to wear a bikini which for some odd reason I always wanted to try.

I checked the time on the dashboard and my eyes widened. I'm gonna be late if I don't hurry.

-

I walked into the familiar diner, although it was more lively. Music was playing and chatter filled the space. The manager greeted me and took me to the back where I got my uniform and hat. He said it wasn't mandatory to wear it, though they had some occasions where it had to be worn.

We went through orientation and met other co-workers then he taught me how to use the machinery. I got my schedule which was Tuesdays and Thursdays 6 pm to 9 pm and Saturday 8 am to 12 pm.

Just as he was about to explain the last machine and how it worked, I felt a chill, the place darkened it was the devil.

Oh wait nevermind it was just Gru and her minions but the resemblance was uncanny. I turned around hoping she wouldn't notice me as she went to find a seat. I made the mistake of sneaking a peak and our eyes met causing her to smirk.