chapter one

it was a beautiful day as always. we were all on the boat chilling, drinking beer. we chatted about the normal stuff until john b had to change the subject.

"so do any of you have your eye on a special someone," we all knew why he brung this up. to talk about that kook he'd been getting close to. sarah cameron.

"dude doesn't she have a boyfriend? aren't you just the side piece?" i said making everyone break out into laughter.

"oh yeah look who's talking miss ive never had a boyfriend,"he said glaring at me

"if all boys weren't as stupid as you maybe i'd have one" everyone ooo'd then got quiet. kiara tried to break the silence.

"well i get where y/n is coming from. not many guys are worthy or dating," she glanced at pope.

"like y'all are perfect. can you even wash a dish ki?" jj budded in.

"nah she's got someone to do it for her with 'daddy's money'," said john b. anytime they brung up kiara being from the kook side she got mad. which i understood. kiara was very down to earth while everyone else with money were devils who thought they were saints.

"oh shut up you guys. you don't even know how to use a fork!" i said trying to take up for kiara.

"guys we all know who's gonna be the one with a job while we're all living in the streets" she said looking at pope. he was the only one with smarts. he had a scholarship and a plan in life.

"you'll be right with him. you have daddy's money," jj explained. she made a face, but he wasn't wrong. her parents made enough money that would protect her in the future. john b, jj and i had no help, now or ever, with johns dad missing, jjs abusive father, and me, living with my cousin who barley makes enough to keep herself alive, but refuses to let me live anywhere else. the boat turned quiet and the mood turned cold. i tried to change the topic. i knew kiara and pope had been getting close, and john b had his eye on sarah, but jj hadn't mentioned a girl.

"what about you jj?" have your eye on any special girl?'

"no way. i plan to just stay with you homies the rest of my life"

"what? no wife, no family? ever?" kiara asked concerned.

"nope just me myself and i. plus you guys."

we all rolled our eyes, typical jj. we continued to talk for hours until we reached the boat dock. we all headed home for the day.

- sorry for the short chapter, the next will be longer!