Chapter Sixteen: "Get out."

I wasn't going to update, but I figured I owe you guys one since I haven't updated in a few weeks. Think of this as an early Christmas present! :)

Happy Holidays everyone!

Question: What's your favorite holiday?

Mine is Christmas.

Chapter Sixteen: "Get out."

At school, everyone came up to me and said sorry to me. It was nice of them and everything but the majority of them I didn't even know, and I don't like to be reminded of what happened.

I went back to school a few days after the funeral. I realized that sitting in my room all day wasn't helping, it was just a reminder of what happened. The best thing I need is a distraction, so I thought school would be my best option.

This girl in my math class that I've never talked to comes up to me and says, "I'm so sorry for your loss." She gives me a quick hug as well.

"Thank you," I respond. I pull away from her quickly and walk away.

I walk into an empty classroom and close the door behind me. I slowly slide down the door, bringing my knees up to my chest as tears start to form in my eyes.

Maybe school wasn't my best option. Everyone coming up to me and saying sorry is just another reminder.

After a few minutes, I look up and look around the room. I notice that I ended up in the music room.

I can't believe this room is empty. I would think there would be at least one other person in here, but no.

I slowly stand up and pad across the room to the beautiful guitar in the corner. I pick it up from the stand and strum it a few times.

I have to tune it because it's so out of tune.

My mind starts to wander, and I eventually start to sing what has been in my mind.

"I only got you in my stories. And you know I tell them right. Remember you and I, when I'm awake at night.

So give it up for fallen glory. I never got to say goodbye. I wish I could ask for just a bit more time.

Every step I take, you used to lead the way. Now I'm terrified to face it on my own.

You're not there to celebrate the girl that you made.

You're not there to share in my success and mistakes.

Is it fair? You'll never know the person I'll be.

You're not there with me.

Though I know that you're not there. I still write you all these songs. It's like, you still got the right to know what's going on.

As I struggle to remember how you used to look and sound. Sometimes I still think I can spot you in the crowd.

Every step I take, you used to lead the way. Now I'm terrified to face it on my own.

You're not there to celebrate the girl that you made.

You're not there to share in my success and mistakes.

Is it fair? You'll never know the person I'll be.

You're not there with me.

Time can heal your wounds if. You're strong and standing tall. I've been doing all of that, it didn't help at all

They say you'll grow older, and it'll get better still. Yes, I will, but no it won't.

They don't get it, 'Cause you're not there to celebrate the girl that you made.