Chapter Ten: "I can't believe you dragged me into this."

Question: Have you ever been to a Horror Fest type place? What was it like? Do you get scared easily?

There's one every year near me. I get scared very easily, but I still love going with my friends!

Chapter Ten: "I can't believe you dragged me into this."

I grab my phone and go downstairs into the kitchen. "Oh, Lucas!" I sing, walking up to him at the kitchen table.

He looks at me and smirks, "I know that face. Who are we pranking and what are we doing?"

"Well, for this prank I just need you to film for me."

I explain the prank to Lucas and he smiles, taking my phone from my hand and bringing up the camera app.

I fill up a paper plate with whipped cream and go and find Max in the living room. I make sure that it's not noticeable that I have something behind my back.

"Hey Max, I have a question to ask you," I say to him.

He smiles, looking up at me from his position on the couch. "Shoot."

"Do you like pie?" I ask, tilting my head to the side. Out of the corner of my eye, I see Lucas standing at the other entrance of the living room.

He gives me a confused glance, "Of course, but why?"

I hastily move my arm from behind my back and shove the plate filled with whipped cream into his face. The plate slowly slides down his face to reveal whipped cream all over his face and a mad smile on his face. Lucas slowly walks around the couch, making sure to get Max's reaction on camera. Lucas and I double over with laughter, giving each other a high five on the way down.

"Oh, you think this is funny, don't ya." Max moves over to us on the ground and spreads some of the whipped cream onto Lucas and I's face. He tackles me and rolls me to the bottom so he's straddling me.

Some of the whipped cream slides off his face and flops onto mine. We stare at each other for a second, and I could see a little change of emotion in his eyes, something I didn't recognize from him. All of a sudden, Max's face starts to get closer to mine.

I feel another body climb on top of Max and realize it's Lucas. For a second there, I totally forgot he was in the room with us.

Max rolls off of me, bringing Lucas with him. They stand up and Max holds out his hand for me to grab. I take his hand and hoist myself up.

"Thanks," I say.

"I'm going to go wash this off my face," He responds, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Good idea."

He leaves the living room and goes up the stairs.

What just happened?

~*~

"It's totally sexual tension," Jordan tries to tell me.

"Yeah. 100%." Riley agrees.

It's been an hour since the pie prank and I'm currently on a group facetime with Riley, Liv, and Jordan.

"I don't know what it was," I say.

"Well, do you have feelings for him?" Liv asks.

"No!" I exclaim quickly.

All three of them give me an I-don't-believe-you look.

"I don't think I do," I draw out slowly.

"There is definitely something there, though," Jordan says.