Chapter Twelve: "Can we eat now?"

Question: What's your favorite food?

Chapter Twelve: "Can we eat now?"

"Good job today, Peyton," My dance instructor tells me.

As I'm leaving the room I reply, "Thanks."

I go into the locker room and find Kenzie.

"Hey. How's your solo coming along?" She asks.

"Great! It's almost finished," I say, putting in my combination and opening my locker.

Instead of my clothes, I'm met with an empty locker.

"Hey, have you seen my clothes?" I ask Kenzie, confused.

"Oh no," She says, her eyes widening.

"What?" I draw out slowly.

She sighs, "It was probably Brooke. She does this thing where she breaks into all the new girls' lockers and takes their clothes. She calls it a tradition but it's really a bitchy move. I lost my favorite shirt when she did it to me."

What the fuck?

"Ugh! What kind of person does that? That's so annoying," I yell, slamming my locker shut.

"Yeah."

"At least I wasn't wearing anything I care about."

We go home and I immediately go up to my room and shower. After I shower, I call Riley, Liv, and Jordan to tell them what happened with my clothes.

"Bruh the fuck. Why would someone do that?" Liv asks.

"Yeah," Riley agrees, "That was a totally bitchy thing to do."

"Fucking Brooke. I hate that bitch," Jordan says.

"You know her?" I ask, surprised.

Jordan sighs, "Yeah. I used to be friends with her back in middle school. Then high school came along and she became popular, dropped me, and found a group of bitchy friends that waste their high school drinking and getting high."

Riley and Liv wince.

"Damn," I say.

"Anyways," Liv starts, "I can't believe tomorrow is your birthday! Are you excited?"

"Bitch what? It's your birthday tomorrow? Why didn't you tell me!" Jordan screams.

I laugh and Riley says, "This is going to be the first time in years that we won't be together."

I frown, "Oh yeah."

"Are you having a Sweet 16?" Liv asks.

"No, I'm not having a party. I just want to chill."

"With me, of course," Jordan says.

I smile, "Duh."

But I wish I could celebrate my birthday with my best friends and my mom.

"Sorry guys, I got to go. I talk to you all later!" Jordan announces, leaving the call.

"So, how's Max?" Liv asks the second Jordan leaves.

I roll my eyes.

"Fine. Nothing else has really happened between us besides me forgetting to put a mug under the Keurig machine when he started talking to me."

"You didn't!" Riley yells.

"I totally did," I nod my head.

"Damn," Is Liv's response.