K E L L I N O A L S

K E L L I N O A L S

good job! you made it to chapter 5!

S O N G -

WALKING ON A DREAM - EMPIRE OF THE SUN

J U N E  1 9 9 8

"I'll teach you." He says, his voice confident as ever. His hair is pushed back from his forehead and turned a dark brown color from being soaked in salt water.

His body is contrasted from the dark blue water, so I can see his abs through the clear sea. I don't know why, but he lifts my hand up and places it directly on his chest, holding his hand over mine.

"Why should I trust you, Royce? What if you drown me? What if all those things you told me were a ploy?" I ask nervously and he laughs a little, licking his lips and looking around while thinking.

Slowly he turns towards me and raises an eyebrow, "Well at least you lived..."

I smirk at him, knowing deep down that I could trust him, like an angel was pushing me towards him like two magnets.

"Okay..." I say quietly, a smile on his lips. The corners of his lips turn up into a smile as his hands squeeze my waist.

Slowly, he turns me away from him, my back against his chest as he leans in.

He's holding me up since I'm shorter than him, and his legs can reach the bottom of where we are standing, the waves flowing evenly and calmly, not enough to cover and soak us, at least for right now.

His mouth is next to my ear, and I can feel the shiver from his breath on my neck run down my spine. He can feel it too, smirking knowing he has an effect on me. He licks his lips and looks out into the ocean.

"One of the biggest mistakes people make is only thinking about what could go wrong. I guess my motto in life is that if you're gonna die, do it with no regrets. Regrets include not doing things because youre a fucking pussy, Kellinoals." He finishes his small monologue with a quiet laugh.

"How do you know my last name, Royce?" I ask, squinting my eyes and turning my head over my shoulder to look at him. His hands laid flat and softly on my stomach, gripping onto me perfectly.

"You've got your last names and first names up on the schedule for your shop. It's just full of your name and occasionally a guy named Todd."

"Yeah he's our other cashier for when my dad doesn't want to sit at the pharmacy. He's dope."

"Well don't go choosing him over me, Kel." Royce mumbles, leaning in so his lips lightly grazed my neck. 

He did it on purpose, I knew it, teasing me and my feelings. I could tell... I think... I hope...

But do I hope? Probably not.... because I want him to kiss my neck. There is a burning heat inside me that is never there, screaming at me to turn my head back and kiss his lips.

I don't want to, it would ruin everything, but other than the kiss I shared with a random man in preschool, I've never been kissed, and I longed to be loved by somebody who isn't my parents..I

Because I know my parents don't love me as much as they would've....

Because...

I don't wanna think about it.

"We'll be fair, Royce... tell me your last name." I mumble and he brushed his lips a lit on my neck as his lips go up to my ear. I feel his hot breath fanning over my ear, his breath smelling of blue slushee.