Ch.1: Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

Song: Set it Off - Wolf in Sheep's Clothing.

It's been a week since Michael arrived at Smith's Grove Sanitarium and he already was fed up with the damn place.

There was nothing interesting to do, no horror movies to watch, no little animals to torture and- well... sure... there was a bunch of annoying people that he would love to rip apart but he couldn't do that, most of the guards were three times his height and they could easily take him down if he tried to do something stupid, but perhaps he could-

"Michael"

The boy wakes up from his little train of thought to see Dr. Loomis looking at him with compressive eyes holding a pen on his right hand and a clipboard on the table filled with the little conversation that they had before Michael lost all interest in the interview.

He still doesn't understand why he was here, in his mind, he didn't do anything wrong, he just got rid of the filthy trash that was pestering his life.

"Yes?"

"Is there something you want to say before we finish this session?"

"When can I go home?" The little boy asked.

The doctor sighs before answering "I'm afraid that you can't go home any time soon"

Before he could say something else a bell rang announcing afternoon, the time that some patients were allowed to go around the courtyard as long as they were well behaved and of course, with the supervision of the guards.

"Tell you what" Loomis smiles "Why don't we go for a walk outside? You haven't been on the patio yet, right?"

"No, and I don't feel like going outside" Michael replied uninterestedly.

"C'mon boy, it'll be better than waiting in your room for your mother's visit"

Well, he has a point, the only time that he found tolerable in this place was when his mother came to visit him.

"Just a couple minutes, if you don't like it then you can go back to your room"

"You mean cell" Michael snappily replied with a frown on his face.

Loomis sighs "Right, sorry"

"Fine, just a couple minutes" he said getting up from his seat and looking at the doctor "Then I'll go back inside"

The doctor wasted no time in grabbing his stuff and getting up from his seat "Let's go"

Loomis walked through the halls with the younger boy walking behind him with a poker face while hearing their footsteps, the chatters between the nurses and the whining-crying of some patients.

'Lame' Michael thought while looking at one screaming patient.

They suddenly stopped in front of the big doors that leaded outside. In front of them, there was a line with a couple of patients with their respective nurse or doctor, when it was their turn, the doctor talked a little with the guard sitting next to the doors, the guard looked at Michael for a second and then proceed to write down his name on a notebook that he had on his hands giving a little nod to the doctor.

"Thanks" Loomis turned to Michael with a gentle smile in his lips "Are you ready?"

Michael just shrugged and waited for the doctor to continue, when the doctor opened the doors and let the young boy walk outside, he looked at his face expecting to see any kind of reaction but instead he got nothing from him.

Michael just walked around in the courtyard looking disinterestedly at the people as he sits down on one of the tables.

'This place is so peaceful, I hate it'