The Comfy Returning

A/N: As usual, I would recommend putting the video on loop.

Safe. Some element of safety was provided to all of them. Somehow, they all had made it back. The car was parked in the garage, and everyone was in the home. Ren and Chris moved back to their shared room, relieved and happy smiles on their faces. They conversed about wedding plans, forcing thoughts of the dismal cemetery to the back of their minds. Deidre headed into the kitchen to prepare tea and coffee for everyone while Nick made himself scarce and headed into his bedroom to get some of the team's paranormal work done. Before he had left, however, he had mentioned that Ether could take the mini freezer out of the garage and place it in their room.

No thanks were exchanged, but Ether gave him a simple nod. His very pale blue eyes glanced to (f/n), the freezer and to the corpse. "I guess that I'll have to put her in there already." He frowned as he set (f/n) down on a spare chair in the garage. "He could've moved the body again," he mumbled in annoyance at Nick.

"In the bedroom?" She raised a brow as she relaxed back onto the chair. "Yeah, no. There'd be a smell in the room for awhile." A giggle left Ether, but she wasn't amused at the idea. Thankfully, though, there was only one body. The security guard was left sleeping by the entrance of the funeral home's main building. Hopefully, she wouldn't ask questions when she got up, or she might not be alive for too much longer.

"She's going to be in the bedroom eventually."

"She'll be in a freezer by then. Not like ..." (F/n) looked away from the corpse, and Ether rolled his eyes.

"You act like you haven't seen a corpse before." She was about to argue, but he cut her off. "I know that you've been exposed to rotting corpses too much, though, for right now." His gaze softened, and her expression bore a smaller frown on it. "Will you be alright if I take her apart in front of you?"

"I don't have much of a choice." Her optics averted down to her lap. "I'll just look away. Otherwise, I might not be able to hold down the food I ate before we went on the trip." She managed to turn on the chair and face away from him. "But, get a shower afterwards so that you don't smell like her or the cemetery."

Giggling, he dragged the woman's corpse over to the freezer before he dropped her by it. He walked over to the shelves on the other side of the garage and retrieved a box of plastic freezer bags. "You realize that you'll need to get a shower too, right?"

Momentarily, she froze before she forced herself to relax. Slightly, she turned up her nose to him and remarked, "Deidre will help me if I need it." She looked to him out of the corners of her eyes and saw him giggling more. "What? That's what she's been doing."

Ether shrugged. "I suppose, but ..." He trailed off and looked directly to her. "It's cute." She raised a brow. "Your tone got all embarrassed when you said she'll help you." A frown met her lips. "It's as though you got all heated up at the idea of me bathing you again." Annoyingly, a dreamy sigh parted from him. "You haven't gotten embarrassed in awhile at that. At least, not noticeably." On his lips, a pleased grin formed. "I missed that."

Now, she rolled her eyes. "Get a grip." She crossed her arms as best she could. "Besides, don't you have a body to deal with." A multitude of giggles parted from him, and she tried her best to ignore them. Instead, she ended up sending a stern scowl his way.