ELEVEN

************

"Beauty queen of only eighteen she

"Beauty queen of only eighteen she.Had some trouble with herself"-She will Be Loved By Maroon 5

************

[CHAPER ELEVEN]
RAPUNZEL

THE SAYING 'MONEY IS POWER', IS SOMETHING EVERY KOOK ON THE ISLAND LIVED BY. It was in-breaded  into their minds at a young age, and everyone knew it. Things normal people with average wages couldn't get away with, Kooks could. That was the highlight of the life, never taking responsibility for your actions. Maybe that's why many of the kooks could be labeled as 'bad people' because they were never thought that they could be wrong - that the universe doesn't actually revolve around them.

Surprisingly even to Lacey Reynolds, She had only ever been to the police station once. When she was fourteen waiting for her mother to come pick her up after her fathers death. Even then, she barely remember anything from that night - her school councilor saying something like 'sometimes when people experiences something traumatic, the brain seems to  block the memory out, forgetting them as thought they were never existed .".

Nevertheless Lacey didn't want to think about that night, so maybe the councilor was right .The girl's memory was becoming a bit hazy, but that could of just been over time. She didn't want to remember all the happy memory with her dad or the way he died, or even the way he kissed her forehead before going to bed every night except that one particular night. She hated the though of her being the reason for his death, that the car accident was all her fault. Truthfully she hated everything.

Lacey hated how she was still on this planet and her father wasn't. She hated how her mind worked, how she felt like she was constantly suffocating, swimming against a tide that seemed to be pulling her in any  chance it got. She hated music that made her heart beat increase with the idea of common interest. She loathed the beach when sands would creep it's way into her toes, just like it had when she was a kid. She disposed the colour yellow, which shinned through her window every day when her body would decided to awaken. She hated a lot of things. Mostly her inner feelings, however it extent further than that.

Feeling weak was the worst. Just like how she felt now, sitting in a dusty chair across a plain blank room. There was no color that popped out or indicated any happiness. The seat was unbalanced, shaking ever once in a while when the girl moved slightly. Lacey just waited there however, growing more impatient by the second. She also hated waiting.

Lacey analysis her surroundings as the minutes went on. It seemed as though it was the only logical solution to pass time. The girl wasn't with JJ Maybank anymore, not being in the presence of his tshirt which she once played with a string falling so sudtly onto her lap. She couldn't pretend to be in her own world anymore. In silince. Not when police officers walk up and down, side glancing to make sure that they saw right, that Maria Reynolds daughter was sitting there waiting for a poor boy on the cut. The glances were judgmental, telling her everything she needed to know about the divide in the outer banks- it could never be broken.