TWO

***********

"Everyone's competing for a love they won't receive"-Team By Lorde

**********

[CHAPTER TWO]

[MOST GIRLS FIND THAT WEIRD ]

Lacey Reynolds liked a few things in life. Like actually seriously liked. Not things that made her mind stop thinking for a minute, or her heart stop beating so fast. Just things she did to keep herself entertained. That made her feel sort of feel alive. She liked rain, a lot. She enjoyed the feeling of walking in the rain. She would do that often. Not so much that it would be creepy if someone was driving past to think that she was weird. But enough to keep herself in tacked with the world. When she walked in the rain, it felt sort of calming. As the small water droplets hitting her face reminded her that she was alive, breathing. On this planet.

Lacey Reynolds found it hard not to dissociate at times. During conversation, at parties, with her so called friends. She would often feel like she was just watching herself, but not in control of any of the decisions she made. Kind of like that one episode of Hannah Montana.

The girl liked walking in the rain because every time the water dripped onto her face, it reminded her that there were beautiful things in the world. It was so simple. So casual. However ever time it rained the girl would remember the sound of the water droplets hitting her face, or the smell of wet grass or even the sounds of cars driving through puddles. So simple but effective.

Lacey also liked music, not any sort of specific type of music. She kinda just dabbled in every genre, finding a song that fitted what she was feeling at times. Invisible string by Taylor swift was playing in her headphones right now. She didn't know if she could ever relate to any of her songs. It felt weird to think about. She'd never been specifically heart broken. The girl hadn't felt that she's ever really been specifically in love either. The only person the girl truly dated was Rafe Cameron, everyone else had just been frequent hook-ups. However while she walked in the rain, that's who she listened too.

Lacey walked towards the beach, the music playing softly so she could still hear her own thoughts and the rain. Her clothes were soaked from head to toe, Lacey didn't mind much though. The water wasn't holding her down or making her feel heavy. Simply feeling as though it was a part of her.

Storm Agatha was on its way, Lacey had heard from the news earlier playing softly in the back of her house. Gloria, the main housekeeper liked to keep the radio on when cleaning the kitchen. Lacey would often complain to the women that the music on the radio was terrible, trying to set her up with the families Spotify. However the older women would always refuse, insisting that children these day's don't know what good music is.