Thanksgiving

CHAPTER 10
Zack's POV.

We must find the time to stop and thank the people who bring the difference in our lives!

∞∞∞

Just for the record, we live in a world where we can't be ourselves because we have to prove that we can be the best always. Thanksgiving is one of the days where we literally celebrate the thanking thing, thanking for everything. Just as on cue Sarah was calling me, I hope she is fine she seems to be a little distant.

"Happy Thanksgiving best friend!" Her voice roared.

"Happy Thanksgiving to you too!" I replied switching channels on the TV.

"Okay well!" She replied.

"Are you okay?" I ask worried because she has been distant most of the time.

"Oh yes. Yes. I am fine." She replied. The thing about calls is you can't put a finger on what's wrong even when you know there is something wrong.

"How about you?" Her voice came.

"I am great cherry!" I replied.

"Hey I gotta go I'll see you soon. Bye Zackie." She spoke again.

"Okay then see you soon! Bye Cherry." I spoke and disconnected.

Just as I disconnected Kate was on the door. Kate as in Katelyn. Her Brunette hair was flawless but curly.

"Heyyy?" She waved in front of me. "Are you going to let me in?" She spoke.

"Forgive my son, he can be mannerless sometimes." My mother had to butt in.

"Oh, you must be Mrs Pearson. It's nice to meet you." Kate spoke.

"Oh, it's Cassie. Call me Cassie." My mother went on and on about how she never gets to meet them most of the times, well that's because my friends come either drunk or when it's home alone scenarios.

"You look good!" She complimented me. Did she just really do that?

"Oh umm, thanks. You don't look so bad yourself." I smile. Ever since I confided about Rose with her, she has been talking to me. She looked genuinely concerned, but hey she was pretty and I was charming so you never know how this really ends up.

"I'll go make some turkey now!" My mom went towards the kitchen for the Thanksgiving dinner.

"I'll help you, Mrs Pearson." Kate was being nice. Real nice. That was not required.

"Oh well, so I'll suit myself on the kitchen counter." What would I do alone anyway? So I watched the ladies work their way up in the kitchen with occasional eating of fruits and junk on the counter.
After some time of chatting pointlessly about the school, the doorbell rang again. I picked my lazy ass to the door and was greeted with a grinning Sarah.

"Happy Thanksgiving Zackie!" She gave me a warm teddy bear hug. No kidding her hugs were the best, it kinda felt like mama bear hugging. She had a huge tray of the desert. Oh no, wait it was TRAY OF DESERTS.

"Happy Thanksgiving Cherry! Oh my god is that Ava's special deserts, those smell delicious girl!" I was really overjoyed at the deserts because who doesn't have room for deserts?

"Helloo Cassie! Happy Thanksgiving." She hugged my mom and then turned around to see Kate was in the kitchen too. She gave her an awkward hug which didn't look so pleasant

"So how are you, sweetie? Do you still need me to beat the crap out of Clayton?" She joked to lighten up the now tensed mood of Sarah.
I wonder what's happening.

"Oh no Cassie, that's taken care of. No grieves no stress." She saying scrutinizing the look on my face. I obviously had no look but I don't know what she was staring at.

"Zackie can we talk in private?" After a moment's silence, I followed her like a lost puppy in my own fucking home. We walked into my room. By the way, she stared me I knew she was irked by Kate's presence, after all, she was Rose's best friend. No kidding, Sarah was short but if she had to kick someone's ass she would be outstanding at that Job.

"What the fuck?" She looked like an angry Pokémon honestly.

"What?" I was really very confused.

"What the heck is Kate doing here? How come you both are that good of friends, last time I checked you weren't her fan?" She paraded with the question.

"Umm, cause she knows about me and rose and she has been pretty understanding about it and we have been talking about for a month Cherry. She is a friend. Besides she is cute, she doesn't defend her own best friend. Can you ever think about not defending me? No right. She is a good person. She talked me out of Rose, she even said Rose is a bitch for not being with me and that anyone would kill for being with me but Rose is blind." I spoke as if I was appearing on a test. There no pause in between. She kept staring me in disbelief. Did I speak too much?

"No, I would never leave your side. Also are you two a thing now because I don't trust 'she is a friend' thing." Here it goes, the detective Sarah.

"Oh, c'mon she is a friend. I swear there is nothing more." I assured her and a smile crept her face.

"Okay, whatever." She skipped through the halls and reached back to my mother with a full blown smile.

"Cassie, I forgot to give deserts, here take this." She handed over the basket to my mother.

"Oh delicious, I thought you forgot my deserts! Hey, Kate, you should definitely stick to these deserts, Ava cooks the best dessert!" My mom went back to her turkey dressing.

"Where is my lasagna, Cassie?" Her eyes were beaming too loud for lasagna.

"Hey what do you want me to do with the pudding?" Kate was making the desert too and obviously looked like she didn't feel nice about Sarah barging in with deserts meanwhile my mother was checking out on lasagna and we definitely have forgotten her pudding.

"Sarah your Lasagna is almost ready. Do you think I would forget it?" That was home run by my mom. There was this unnamed emotion on Kate's face while Sarah just sat there waiting for her Thanksgiving treat. Kate's face shrank quicker than anything else and I had no idea why. It was just deserts and lasagna right?

"Mrs Pearson, I should take your leave now." Kate abruptly stood in the kitchen ready to make run out of it.

"Is everything ok Kate?" Sarah asked, "Do you want me to drop you, I'll be leaving with the Lasagna too!"

"Oh no, I think I'll be fine." She cleaned herself and left. She just left. Sometimes the most we can do is see people leave even though that's not what we want. We don't stop them, don't say a word but we expect them to stay and do a lot more. I didn't know why Kate left but I knew I would have loved if she stayed for dinner. Is that a bad thing to expect something out of someone?

"Hellooooo? Wake up stop daydreaming!?" Sarah snapped her finger to catch my attention.

"Yes, ma'am right at your service." Sarcasm laced with my voice.

"Why so grumpy!? I'm going jeez. Happy Thanksgiving." She picked up her coat ready to leave.

"Happy Thanksgiving to you too. See you around." I replied.

"See you Zackie." That's what she spoke before driving off to her home.

What do you all think? *Puppy eyes*
Tell me why do you think Kate went off?
Haha.

Keep reading.
Voting.
Commenting.

See you until the next update.