.20

Jodie

Since I had nothing to do today I decided to go pay a visit to my mom, being that we don't really see each other that much since I moved out

Since I had nothing to do today I decided to go pay a visit to my mom, being that we don't really see each other that much since I moved out. She thankfully cooked some lunch and we had conversation

"It seems like after I found out I was pregnant that's when all of the symptoms started to actually kick in because I wasn't feeling any of this for the past 4 1/2 months" I told my mom while eating a mouthful of fettuccine alfredo.

"That's because pregnancy symptoms are mostly a psychological thing. It sounds crazy but trust me. I know"

"Well I wish the psychology part would stay out of it because I hate it. I'm always eating now, I'm starting to get lazier..."

"I didn't even know that was possible"

I looked at her some type of way while she laughed

"Anyways.. and Ive been getting extremely irritated. But it's mostly only Kentrell that irritates me"

"What's going on with that? What are y'all gonna do?"

"Honestly ma, I don't know. I'm trying to be mature for the sake of this baby but it's like that's all we discuss. If it's not about the baby then we won't even look in each other's direction and I hate it because we're not working out our issues with each other. And if we don't do that then it's gonna forever be this disconnect between us which I don't want this baby to be around"

"Well guess what? That's exactly what's gonna happen if y'all don't fix the issue. I don't wanna get in the middle of whatever y'all have going on because y'all are grown but I don't want my grandchild being brought into mess"

"Well whenever the conversation of why we broke up manages to come up he always puts the blame on me when it's not my fault. It's not my fault I lost the baby, I didn't even know I was pregnant.. sometimes I wish he would just let that situation go cause it's annoying"

"Well Jordyn you gotta look at it from his point of view too. He's probably looking at what he could've had"

"Well lucky him, he knocked me up again so he should just use that hurt and love on this one instead of resenting me for a mistake I obviously made, let him tell it"

There was a knock on the door followed by the doorbell ringing twice. My mom jumped up and sashayed out of the kitchen while I twirled my fettuccine around on my fork before eating some of it.

"Who is that?" I asked with a mouthful of Alfredo, hearing her talk to somebody. After a while she came back into the kitchen with Kentrell behind her and I froze, looking at her

"Look who's here" she smiled. I chewed the rest of my food and swallowed before pointing at Kentrell

"What is he doing here?"

Kentrell scowled at me before sitting across from me at the table. My mom smiled meanwhile I wanted to choke the life out of her right now

"I invited Kentrell over here today because I need the both of y'all to act like mature adults. If y'all can make up long enough to make a baby then I can't see why y'all can't just get over these petty issues completely"