Chapter 6 ~ You have cooties

Isla's POV

My mom and dad are running around like chickens with their heads cut off in the kitchen and dining room. I didn't see the big deal in tonight, but I guess since it's been years since I've had anyone come over my parents are excited. Maybe a little too excited.

"Mom, calm down. Everything doesn't have to be perfect. They're just kids from my high school, not fancy businessmen and women."

My mom looks at me shocked for a second then she smiles. "I know darling, but it's been such a long time since any of your friends have come over. These friends of yours must be really important if you want them to stay with you all weekend." She squeezes me into a big hug. "I just want it to be perfect for you."

"Mom, it's fine as it is. Go and relax before they get here please."

"Did I ever tell you what an amazing daughter you are, because you are. Go and get dressed darling before your friends arrive. I'm going to go help you father with the twins. I love you."

"I love you too, mom."

I head upstairs to my room and take a quick shower. After my shower I blow dry my hair and put some loose curls in it. I put on a simple sleeveless navy-blue dress with black sandals. I've never been one to overly dress up but knowing my mom she will at least want me in a dress.

The doorbell rings and I run downstairs knowing it should be Kaira. She said she was going to show up thirty minutes earlier than the boys so we could have some girl time. As I walk downstairs, my mom has already answered the door.

"Hello. I'm Isla's mom, you can call me Alissa."

"Hello Alissa. I am Isla's best friend, Kaira. It is a pleasure to meet you." She says as she shakes my mom's hand.

I walk over to Kaira and give her a big hug. "Hi bestie!" She chirps. This is why I love this girl. I've known her for only a few days, but she lets the entire world know we are best friends.

"Hi bestie!" I reply. "Come on, I want you to meet my dad and the twins."

We walk into the living room where my dad and the twins are watching tv. "Dad, Isaac, Isabelle, this is my best friend, Kaira. Kaira, this is my dad, Isaac and Isabelle."

"Hello, Kaira. It's nice to meet my daughter's best friend. You can call me Ramiro." He says while shaking her hand.

"Hello, Ramiro." She smiles. She then turns to the twins and engulfs them in a big hug. "Hello Isaac and Isabelle." At first, they are shocked that she is hugging them, but they soon smile and return the hug.

"Are you going to help Isla watch us tomorrow?" Isabelle asks.

"Yes, I am, and I can't wait. We are going to have so much fun." She exclaims.

"Girl's night!" Isabelle screams jumping up and down with excitement.

"No. What about me?" Isaac groans.

"It's okay, Isaac." I say rubbing my hand on his head. "My three other friends that are coming over are boys. They will be here all weekend too."

"Really?" His eyes go wide.

"Ewww. Do they have cooties?" Isabelle screeches.

"Yes, and yes." Kaira tells the twins. I start laughing.

My dad, Isaac and Isabelle start watching tv again, so I grab Kaira's hand and take her to my room.

"Wow, your house is huge." She whispers to me. "Are y'all like filthy rich?"

"My parents make good money through the restaurants they own, but we donate a lot of money to those in need."

"Why don't you flaunt your money at school?" She questions.