Chapter Ten

It's been another few weeks. Ashely and Stephen are back. I have my Brian again and I'm with him all the time. Brenda and Steve still can't keep their hands to the selves. They are gross. I think less and less of Nate now. I blocked all his numbers though so he won't try to contact me. Today is the day, that I'm going on a first date. Good it's been a long time since I went on a first date. I met this guy at the opharnage where I volunteer weekends. We've been talking, I like him. He gives me goosebumps. I have a really good feeling about him. I'm here in front of my mirror all dolled up with Vrebds and Ashely on my sides.
"You look good" Bee comments
"You look hot and sexy" Ashely added.
"Thanks guys, for dressing me and everything, gosh I'm so nervous". I said
" Being nervous I'd good, it actually means you like him and you want to impress him. This is good , you need someone like him to totally forget about Nate. " Ashely said.
I had told them about the two week encounter, I couldn't keep it to myself. They sympathized with me and made me feel better.
"I feel like this is it you guys, he is the key. " The doorbell rang.
" It must be him" Asg said.
"I will get the door " Bee said as she ran out of the room. I sighed out loud.
"I hope this will go well" I say.
"I know it will, I have a good feeling" Ash said as she held Brian" now let's go, don't keep your date waiting. "
I took my clutch and walked out of the room. I was wearing a black pencil dress with cap sleeves with silver sandals ,my hair was tied at the back into a bun and had simple makeup but with bright red lipstick.
I spotted Pete, my date, standing tall in the living room. He looked up and spotted me and smiled. That smile that can take your breath away, that smile that says I appreciate all that beauty. My heart was himmering in my chest.
"You look ,,, wow" he said as I reached the base of the stairs.
"Thank you, you look handsome yourself" I said shyly. I mentally slapped my forehead, when was the last time I was shy around a guy? 
"You ready?" He asked.
"Yeah" I answered. He led the way and opened my door.
He was wearing a navy blue scuit and a crisp white T-shirt and a silver tie. He looked good.
"So where are we going?" I asked.
"It's a surprise" he said. I changed the subject and started making small talk until we reached the restaurant.
"Wow, we're eating here?" I asked awed. This is one of the most  exclusive restaurant in the city.
"Yes here" he answered after he opened the door for me.
"Wow" I said again. "now I'm going to be twice as nervous " I said.
" Don't worry little one, I'm here for you" he said as he tucked me under his arm. I felt safe. I'm beginning to hate this guy, im liking him too fast.  After we took our seats the waiter came and gave us the menus.
"You should try the steak here, it's wonderful" Pete offered.
" Ok then, I'll take your eorkd for it. "
The waiter came back with and took our orcmderd , he ordered red wine.
"So what do you do?" I asked as I took a sip of wine.  He cleared his throat
"I own a small company" he didn't elaborate.
" How small, ?" I pressed. He looked at me for a few seconds without answering " I'm medling, I'm sorry I will stop"
"No, no ,no it's ok. " He started explain about his company and how not so small it was, he has millions of dollars and because of that it's hard to find love, I feel sorry for him. But I didn't say that about, that would be rude. Our food came, we ate and all was well until.
"Do you know that guy?" Pete asked pounting at a nearby table behind me. I turned around and met dangerous eyes , eyes that haint me every night. Lucky I was done eating I would have choked on my food.
"Umm yeah, kind of why?" I asked after I turned back to him.
" I noticed he's been looking at you since we walked in here, but I can't blame him, you are the most beautiful woman in this whole building" he said with a wink, for a second I forgot Nate was right behind me. I was sending silent prayers to God that please make us leave this restaurant without a scene, I don not want to be embarrassed.
"Do you want desert?" My date asked.
I shook my head no.
" I couldn't eat another thing " because my ex is giving me daggers " but thank you very much, dinner was lovely" I said.
" Ok then, can we go?" He asked.
"Yes please" you couldn't ask me fast enough. He helped me out of my chair and we were on our way , as soon as we exited the restaurant I let out a breath that o was holding since I saw Nate in there but I thanked my lucky stared too soon.
"Nat!" Nate's voice came booming from the restaurant exit. I became stiff for a moment.
"Are you ok?" Pete asked.
"Yeah I'm fine," I said with urgency.
"Nat" Nate called again. "I know you hear me"
I turned around quickly and flashed a fake smile. He was right behind me. And my God did he look breathtaking.
"Don't give me that smile, you know it's fake" he said and my smile dropped.
" Can I help you?" Pete asked as he wanted to rescue me like a true gentleman he is but right now I wish he hadn't said a thing, because judging from Nate's face, he didn't like it very much.
"I'm not talking to you" he spat "and you" he turned to face me " I want to talk to you".
"No" I said. He cocked an eyebrow
" Are you sure?" He asked with a grin" you know what happens when you say no" he said confidently and I know darn well what will happen a d I do t want no drama. I turned towards Pete.
" I will explain later, but thank you for dinner it was wonderful and the company was excellent"I gave him one of my sweetest smiles. " But I'm sorry I will have to find my own way home, but I will call you later tonight though " I said and I gave him a kiss on the cheek. I know he didn't deserve this but I had no choice, I had to go with Nate before he creates a bigger scene. I turned to Nate " let's go" I said with a serious face. He placed his hand on my waist like it was the most natural thing to do, but it did feel natural, it felt like his ha d was made for my body.

Don't forget to vote and comment
Ruethesunflower 🌻