Chapter Seven

A few minutes later a car pulled in our driveway and I quickly scooped Brian in my arms and headed for the door. Both Ashely and Brenda followed behind. I opened the door a d was greeted buy this huge guy, handsome dark, mysterious. Nowonder Bee wants a relationship with him. He was hot.
"Hie" I greeted him. A few hies ecoed behind mine.
"Hie ladies" he smiled .wow, he had a killer smile.
"How are you?" Ashely asked.
"Very good thank you, are you ready?" He asked the question directed to Bee.
"Yeah" she smiled and she walked forward. " Guys this is my friend Edward, Edward this is the girls" she introduced us shyly.
" Nice to meet you Edward " me and Ashely both answered at once.
" He is hot"Ashely said after they had gone and we we safely tucked on the couch.
"Damn right he is"
"But not hotter than my Stephen though" she says and I bite my tongue because I was a second away to saying" not as my Nate either"
My phone vibrated and showed I had a text ,it was from Nate. I hadn't told the girls that I'm talking to Nate again. No,!no! It's not what you think. We jus talk. I haven't seen him since that time but now we just talk that's all. I could function or go a day without his text. This is my way of letting go, I can't see him anymore but I just talk to him, he calls here and there but just mainly text. I will stop with the calling then the texting when I'm ready to let go, right now I'm not.

"Are you really over Nate?" Ash asks me. I kinda get startled because the question was just out of the blue.
"Umm no," I answer truthfully. I know when Ash ask something when Bee is not there, it's a serious discussion.
"You still in love with him?"
"No, I don't think so, but I know a part of me still loves him"
" What about Andy?" She asked as Brian starts to breastfeed
"I like him and maybe love him a little" I tell the uttermost truth again.
" But." She knows me so well
"But, I do t think I can fall in love with him, I mean it's been almost 2 months since Nate but I just haven't had that connection and I have been trying. But the spark is not there. I don't even think if I see Andy kissing another girl right now I would get mad. He's almost like a brother" I cringed.
" I know what you mean, but what are you going to do?"
" I think breaking up with him is best because I'm wasting time. He was actually talking aboute meeting his mother next week, I don't want to take it too far"
" Yeah"
"How was your date?" I ask Brenda casually, we are all seated in the living room , it's a Sunday afternoon and everyone is home and we're watching a game. I know how Brenda's date went just want to see Steve's reaction to it.
"Which date?" Brenda asks.
"Don't play stupid, the one with Edward, the huge handsome guy, on Wednesday" I roughly remind her.
" It was good" she said and kept quiet. I looked over at Steve and his eyes were glued on the TV but his fist were listed into balls. I smiled, I knew I had gotten him. After a few minutes Steve said.
"What kind of a name is Edward anyway?" He asked annoyed. I laughed so hard even Ashely and Stephen who were not paying attention looked at me.
"It's aans name little brother, and what's gotten into you anyway , it's Bees boyfriend's name anyway, why do you care. " I tell him.
" Boyfriend?" Stephy asked with wise eyes as he looked at Steve.
"Why are you looking at Steve?" Dad asks his older son.
" Nothing dad" he dismisses it.
Dad doesn't know about Steve's crush on Bee.
"I think I'm gonna hit the sack, I've got an early class tomorrow. " Steve stood up and headed for the stairs.
"What's gotten into him!" Dad ask.
"The green eyes monster" I say and we all laugh.
" I never get you kids. " Dad murmees as he concentrate on his game.
"I want to see you" Nate says over the phone .
" That's not possible" I tell him.
"It's possible, and I want to see you, today" he says
" I can't Nate, "
" I miss you,and I miss kissing those beautiful lips, I miss your body on mine, I want to see you" he pressed.
" Nate, I have a boyfriend,you have a boyfriend,I can't do that anymore,iyhought we talked about this the last time I saw you" I whisper shouted at him.
"you were angry at that time Nat, and I'm not going to let those stupid worsmds come between me and you ,am I clear?" I rolled my eyes, that's Nate for you.
"I still can't,it's not fair to me Andy or your girlfriend, I'm not seeing you, I can't go through what I went through 'twice' again" I tell him
" Nat, you are mine, noone else's" he hisses and I laugh
" It doesn't look like it"
"You leave me no choice then" he said. When he says things like that he scares me, you never know what he might do.
"What do you mean?"
"I'm coming over there after work"
" No,no no please don't" I beg him.
" Then I want to see you, my house 18:00sharp" and he hung up.
Shit! He always does this to me, I couldn't let him come here, then Ash and Bee would know I've been talking to him a d I don't want t that. I wouldn't hear the end of it.

Don't forget to vote and comment.
Ruethesunflower 🌻