21 ┃ 𝐬𝐞𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐭 𝐬𝐲𝐦𝐩𝐡𝐨𝐧𝐲

━ ⭒─⭑━

As the fan-led investigation into the discrepancies of Alex's performances gained momentum, the online community buzzed with theories and speculations. A dedicated group of fans had compiled convincing evidence suggesting that the voice everyone had come to adore as 'YaNi' wasn't Alex's at all.

Their findings, meticulously detailed and widely shared, ignited a storm of media attention and fan reactions, propelling the issue into the limelight.

Amidst this brewing storm, you found solace in the creative process, assisting Taehyung with his songwriting endeavor. The contrast between the online turmoil and the tranquility of music composition was stark.

There, in a cozy room at HYBE, you sat cross-legged, your trusted notepad brimming with scribbles, lines, and lyrical ideas.

Taehyung, pen in hand, listened intently, his expression a mix of focus and appreciation, offering a supportive smile as you sang softly. "I'm thinkin' 'bout you, what to say. Wish I knew how to find the way—"

The creative bubble you both inhabited was abruptly burst when the door swung open. Shihyuk's personal assistant, a look of sheer urgency on his face, interrupted the session.

"Um, the two of you... are needed... immediately," he managed to get out between pants, his eyes darting anxiously between you and Taehyung.

The sudden urgency in his voice cut through the room's calm, snapping you both to attention. Taehyung's smile faded, replaced by a look of concern as he set down his pen, his brows furrowed in confusion.

"What's going on?" Taehyung asked, his tone shifting from playful to serious, echoing the sudden change in the room's atmosphere.

You both rose, the notebook momentarily forgotten as you followed the assistant, his pace quick and purposeful, winding through the corridors to a conference room where the gravity of the situation was immediately apparent. Executives huddled around screens displayed a frenzy of online activity—all centered on the OST controversy.

As you and Taehyung settled into the tense atmosphere of the conference room, you leaned over to whisper to him, "Where's Alex?"

Taehyung shrugged slightly, his gaze fixed on Edwin, Alex's personal assistant, who looked equally anxious. "Not sure," he murmured back.

Shihyuk cleared his throat, capturing the room's attention. "Let's get straight to the point," he began, his voice carrying a seriousness that set the tone for the discussion. "We're facing a situation that could potentially damage our reputation and the careers of everyone involved here."

He clicked the remote, and the screen came alive with a flurry of tweets and social media posts. "This," he gestured towards the screen, "is the tip of the iceberg."

One tweet read, "Just noticed how Alex's live vocals don't match up with the OST... Something's off #EchoesOfEternity." Another was more accusatory, "There's no way Alex's voice in the live show matches the recording. Are we being fooled? #NotYaNi"

Shihyuk continued, "And it's not just about the voice discrepancies. There's a narrative being built around Taehyung and Alex." He clicked to another tweet, this one filled with speculative gossip, "Alex is clearly using this OST to get closer to Taehyung. It's so obvious #StayAwayFromOurTae."

Taehyung leaned forward, his brow furrowed as he read the fans' comments. "They're really digging into this," he murmured, a note of disbelief in his voice.