69. The Pain

ha. 69. ha.

what has happened to my humour ffs

And the comments and messages I keep on getting are literally stabbing my heart they're so adorable. Like stop I don't wanna die pls.
----

Third Person P.O.V

Jeremiah watches on as the fight drawls out, amused. But, a bloodcurdling scream causes him to freeze, and look back, towards the house.

No one else pays it any attention, however Jeremiah almost instantly bolts into the building, the gun still in his hand. He goes in the direction of Sam's room, noticing that the locked door has been knocked off it's hinges.

When he pokes his head inside, he frowns deeply when he sees that she's not inside. Another scream makes him jump, and run into the kitchen. He growls at what he sees.

There's a man trying to drag Sam along by her hair, as she shouts and struggles. He seems to have enough of it, as he slaps her in the face, hard.

She screams again, but only because Jeremiah puts a bullet in the man's chest, knocking him to the floor. When she spots that it's him, she abruptly stands up, running towards him. She has to stop herself from hugging him. She's obviously still scared of him, after he cut off her air supply so emotionlessly and carelessly.

"What's going on?"

Jeremiah ignores her when he sees Ecco come into the room, her face bloody, and a gun in her hand. Luckily, it isn't her blood.

"Take her to the garage. Inside, there should be a vehicle. Wait for me inside of it."

Ecco grabs onto Sam's arm, trying to tug her away.

"Jeremiah, please, you have to believe me! I didn't lead her here!" She cries, but is soon moved away by Ecco's harsh grip.

Jeremiah turns back to the dying man on the floor, a devilish grin on his face, that masks the anger threatening to spill from his body.
----

Sam's P.O.V

I sit silently in the back seat of the dark car, my eyes on my hands, that are sat on my lap. Ecco doesn't even pay attention to me, as she inspects her gun, cleaning it.

I doubt she'd notice if I ran, but I'm too scared to do so. I sound absolutely pathetic, but it's the truth. I can't even leave Gotham, due to the bridges, and I have a feeling Jeremiah will find me if I do run away.

I'd only have a week or two at most away from him, and when he finds me I'd have to live with the consequences... if I lived. I think I'd rather just stay with him, and not try to piss him off. Then again, he strangled me for something I didn't do, so I'm guessing that it's going to be hard not to anger him.

I'm so caught up in my own head, I don't see Jeremiah come into the car until the door shuts. He places himself down next to me, muttering a "drive" to Ecco, who instantly hits the pedal with her foot, pulling us out of the garage, and onto the dark road.

I keep silent throughout the whole drive, not turning to even glance at Jeremiah once.

When we arrive at the destination, I get out of the car. It looks like another replica of Jeremiah's original home, the one he stayed in after Jerome first escaped Arkham Asylum.