32

-Taehyung's pov-

I put one of my hands down, enough to show her half of my face, enough to show her me.

It was me all along.

I didn't have the courage to look into her eyes at that moment. She was silent, obviously shocked and not expecting this. I had no idea why but the silence that she gave me hurt. The cold air brushed against my skin causing goosebumps to rise and a shiver to run down my spine.

I need her to say something, just anything. I hate this uncomfortable silence. But I guess I know what made her fell completely silent.

"You must have expected to see Jimin instead. I'm sorry, I'm not him." I scoffed, still not looking at her way.

In the corner of my eyes, I noticed that she was trying to say something. But I had already changed my mind, I didn't want to hear anything from her.

I'm afraid of her reply and I guess, I was right tho.

Before she could utter a word, I held the palm of my hand in front of her face, stopping her immediately. I was embarrassed, disappointed and somehow mad. There were just so much things going through my mind at that moment.

Without realizing, I turned around and walked away.

When I stepped into the house, it felt warmer than usual, my chest felt tight, cheeks burning red. I was ashamed and afraid.

I plopped down on the couch, letting my body parts relax. I kept on thinking about everything that I had said to her which made my mood became even worse. But, once done it can never be undone.

"Where did you go? If Jin-hyung knows that you came back this late, you would've been punished to clean the toilet for a week."

Ah, that voice.

I looked up and saw him approaching me before sitting across from me.

"Jimin-ah," I weakly called his name. My throat hurt as I kept on swallowing the words I wanted to let out. But if I keep on hiding all of this from him, the weight on my shoulders will never go away.

"I'm sorry," I started off by apologizing.

"I know you like her more than I do since we were little. I promised to myself that I would never fall for her for real because you like her a lot. But after I met her again, I just couldn't help but to try to win her heart, just like old times."

He just stared at me, with a puzzled look on his face. But I knew he knew, that I was talking about Seren.

"From the very beginning, you thought I was just faking everything. You thought I had no real feelings for her. You thought she meant nothing to me. You thought I was just messing around. I'm sorry, I wasn't faking anything. I'm sorry." My voice had started to crack a bit as I lost the guts to look at him in the eyes.

"You like her... for real?" He asked with a very soft voice.

He was surprised but not mad at all.

"Do you still remember that time when we fought to be her Anpanman?"

He nodded to my silly question.

"I'm sorry for not telling you earlier, but I met her first when we arrived here months ago. I went out to see her secretly with a mask on and told her that I was her Anpanman."

"She still remembers us?"

I shook my head, "Not us, but Anpanman."

"I went out to see her every night, told her my true feelings until we got so comfortable with each other. And," I paused, "..she asked me to marry her once."

"WHAT?" He widened his eyes with surprise.

"But I had to reject her because she liked Anpanman, not exactly me." I said and he seemed glad, well of course he was.

"Also," my gaze trailed to his face, "I felt like I was betraying you."

Silence filled the space between us for a few seconds. He was at a loss for words.

"Seeing her without letting you know already made me feel like a jerk." I scoffed.

"Taehyung, if you like her that much, then I'm willing to give up on her for you."

My eyes grew large at his unexpected reply. I got off from the couch, leaned over and grabbed him by his collar.

"What the heck are you saying now?!" I yelled, but his face showed no emotions at all. He just kept quiet.

"Hit me. I want you to hit me. I'm a bad friend who secretly flirted with your woman!"

"She is not even mine, Tae. You can do whatever you want. I kinda don't like her that much anymore tho. Plus, I bet she's even happier to know that you are the one behind the mask."

"We grew up together. You always give up on something for me. Why?" I frowned, my eyes had gone red.

I remembered everything he had ever sacrificed for me and the years of pain he had to endure because of me. Ever since we were little, I did nothing for him, except giving him a lot of trouble.

I just want him to have the happiness that he deserved.

"Tell me, Park Jimin. Why do you always give up on something for me?"

"Because you're more important than myself."

-End of pov-