C1

Transferred

Transferred

The girl put on her shoes as rushed towards her car, starting the engine. Knowing that she was going to be late, she speeded as fast as she could to reach her work place on time. She didn't want to destroy her never late to work record since she just got hired 5 months ago.

But her plan didn't go as she wished. She was stuck at the jammed traffic light for 10 minutes. She hit the steering wheel and groaned alone. "I should've woke up earlier this morning! " she nagged to herself

8.35 a.m.

Rushing towards her department level, Eunna pressed the open button on the lift and walked in. While waiting for the moment she reached on the 9th floor, she raised up her hands and prayed that her boss won't scold her.

ting

The lift door opened, showing that she had reach her floor. Her feet slowly made its movement to walk out from the lift as she headed to the manager room to report her attendance.

She was too afraid to even open the door as the image of her getting scolded kept replaying on her mind. But the longer she waited, the later she would report herself. So to not wasting anyone's time, she braved herself to push the doorknob and got in.

"Goodmorning " she spoke while taking out her worker card.

The man that was on the computer turned up to look at her and glanced at his grey watch. He raised an eyebrow and scoffed. "You're 35 minutes late. What happened? " he asked as his voice was the only sound sources in the silent room. So it makes his voice sounded louder even he didn't shout.

Eunna gulped down her saliva as she looked down at where her shoes were. "I'm sorry, I woke up late today " she gave and excuse to try her luck. The manager rolled his eyes and sighed deeply. "That's a cliche answer, Eunna. Everyone uses it when they're late. Can you find another excuse? " he waited.

"But I really woke up late! I slept at 2 a.m. last night and didn't hear that my alarm was ringing. " she pleaded

The man didn't seem to accept her excuse so he asked her to meet the CEO in his room. She didn't get it why she needed to meet the CEO when it was her very first time late. It was unfair.

But what she had heard before, the CEO is a pervert as he loves to flirt with any young workers. He's already 52 years old. Yet, he still wants to flirt with young women. Plus, she noticed that the old creepy man had been staring at her for many times even when she's minding her own business. She's absolutely not comfortable with his actions but what she could do? She's working in his company and her future depends on him.

Nervously, she made her way to the chairman room and stopped when she reached there. She would raise her hand too many times but then moved it back down, feeling afraid to knock against the door she was now facing. Totally like a fool, she told herself everything was going to be okay and nothing will happens. Well, it was her first time being late. It's impossible the boss will fired her up, right? I guess so.