Ch. 32

J came home early morning while I was still sleeping. He was dead asleep in his bed. His arms were sprawled out , and he looked as if he was about to fall off the bed. After quickly taking a picture, I went downstairs to make breakfast.

Upon entering the kitchen, I see that the Maid has already started preparing the ingredients.

"I can handle breakfast." I speak up from behing her. She jumps startled.

"It's alright Ma'am. I can do this. You may relax and I'll have breakfast served" She turns around to face me

"I've never had anyone do things for me in my whole life. It's really weird." I chuckle

"Well, weird or not, it's my job." She says.

The maid looks really young. She can't be more than 20. Hm...I could use a friend here, plus maybe we can share some recipes.

"How old are you? You seem really young to be a maid" I ask her

"I'm 25, Ma'am"

"Call me Harley"

"Yes Ma- Harley." She smiles at me

"What's your name?" I ask her

"Judy"

"Well, Judy, how about I help you cook breakfast?" I suggest

"That's not-"

"Yay! Okay. Let's get started." I say as I wash my hands in the sink.

Judy shook her head with a smile, but didn't protest anymore. The two of us talked about many things. I found out that she was married and had two twin daughters. Her husband was a fireman, but he broke his knee cap after a rescue from a blazing building. A huge block of cement fell on his legs as he was saving a child. Now, he's a stay at home husband, taking care of the girls or vice versa. That's why Judy is the one working for theur family now.

As we talked, I noticed how every time she'd talk about her husband her eyes would light up with so much love. When she talked about how he saved many people, she looked so proud of him. It was as clear as day that she loved her husband so much. I've never seen true love, but I believe that's what it is like.

I wanted that love one day. I want to be able to talk to someone about my family. I want to love and have someone love me back. I want to feel love.

After we finished cooking, I made her eat with me. We ended up becoming friends. She was so sweet and nice. We talked and talked up until J woke up. As soon as we heard his footsteps coming down the stairs, she jumped up and rushed back into the kitchen.

"Heyy, why'd you leave?" I ask following her to the kitchen

"I'm supposed to be working. I can't slack off." She says

"Hey...I was the one who asked you to eat with me. I was also the one who interrupted your work. If J gets mad at you, I'll deal with him." I say

"Thanks, Harley" she smiles

"No problem!"

I walk back out to see J already eating. He was devouring the food that we left for him. I laugh and sit in front of him.

"Don't forget to stop and breathe" I laugh

"This food is sooo good. Who cooked it?" He asked

"Me and Judy" I say proudly

"Judy?" He says in confusion

"You don't know the name of your own maid?" I say. He smiles sheepishly in response.