Ch. 9

That night, Jaxon took me and the dog, who I've randomly named Mike, back home. Jaxon was right. Mike has been great company so far. In the short amount of time we've been together, he and I have gotten close.

The next day, Mike didn't want me to lave. He kept whining as I got closer to the door. I promised him that I would come back later, but that didn't stop him. I reluctantly closed my door and headed off to school.

Friday came quick, and the sight that morning filled me with joy. Lennon and Emma were waiting for my by my locker just like everyone else does with their friends. I have never experienced anyone waiting for me. I'm usually left behind. As I walk to them, I listen to the crowd and listen for juicy secrets.

'That new guy, Lennon, is really hot. Do you think he'd date me?'

'Girl,of course!!! You guys are so perfect for each other'

'Did you hear? Hunter and his girlfriend broke up'

'I heard that his girlfriend broke it off, so she can be with Jaxon'

'Did you know that our team cap is gay?'

'Dude, seriously?! The captain of the basketball team is gay?!'

'Technically, he's bisexual'

'Whatever dude. He's into guys. What if he checks us out and thinks nasty thoughts whike we're in the locker room?'

Eh. Besides that, nothing interesting. I greet Lennon and Emma with a smile.

"Soooo Harley..." Lennon says

"Yes?"

"Today is Friday" He says in a sing-song voice

"So?" I smirk. I know what day it is. I went to the groceries yesterday to buy all the ingredients needed.

"You're gonna cook for us!!!" He exclaims in excitement

"Yes, I am" I laugh

"I can't believe we're friends with those idiots" Emma says as she looks behind me. I turn around and see Jaxon, Kaden and Reece walking down the halls with one of the BFS in their arms. They were surrounded by their other friends and everybody was trying to talk to them. Others parted ways for them in order not to get in their bad side.

I turned my back on them knowing that our friendship is only in secret. If word gets out that the bad boys are friends with me, lots of rumors will spread. Plus I will be the downfall of their status. The boys and I have a weird relationship.

"What time are you guys coming over?" I ask them

"We have no idea! We'll just text you." Lennon says

"Sure! Now let's go visit my favorite teacher" Every word that came out of my mouth was oozong sarcasm.

Our History teacher is the worst. We barely kearn anything from her. Almost everyone is failing her class. The only reason I'm passing is because Emma helps me.

I'm going to hell, wish me luck.

.
.
.

Lunch came and it started raining. Since we couldn't go outside, we sat indoors. Lennon's other friends let us sit with them. I didn't know that he had other friends beside Emma and I, but apparently he does. He has a lot. Emma knows some of these people too. She's talking to one of the other girls. As for me, I don't know anyone. I awwardly ate my food alone.

I was sad again. I was upset. I was being left out. What if they like thse guys better? What if they see how boring I am and ditch me? What if they end up leaving me too?
What if they end up like all the others?

Well, it wouldn't be anything new.

I finished my food and snuck out of the cafeteria. I walked around the halls all by myself.

I wonder if I'll ever have a best friend. I wonder if I'll ever find people who will actually care about me and love me. I honestly don't know what's wrong with me. Maybe I'm too boring? There must be something wrong with me if I can't keep one friend.

As I walk around, I hear voices coming from one of the rooms. I slowly open the door to an old science room that is no longer in use. I'm not even surprised at what's inside. Just because Jaxon, Kaden, and Reece act so sweet,dorky, and nice to me, doesn't mean that they're not bad boys. The fact that they're doing drugs in an old abandoned classroom with sluts on their laps proves that. All three of them are doing this by the way, even Kaden.

None of them has noticed me, so I take out my phone and snap a few pictures. I quietly closed the door and rushed away from the room. I reached my next class and waited for the day to be over.

I did this all while pretending everything was fine. In truth, my heart was torn into pieces.

It's no use. Don't even try. Nobody will love you. Lennon and Emma are going to replace you soon, and do you really think that Jaxon, Kaden, and Reece actually care about you? Ha. What a joke.

.
.
.

As soon as school finished, I rushed out the doors to get home as soon as possible. That school gets so suffocating. I hear my name being called as I reach the gates. Turning around, I stop and wait for Lennon and Emma.

"Yeah?" I ask

"Why are you in such a rush?" Emma asks

"To cook our food of course!!!" Lennon says in a "duh" tone

"Haha yeah." I just agree with Lennon.

"Oh...okay...well we'll see you later then?" She says

"Yeah. Of course." I smile at them and continue my way home. This time, ignoring the calls of the three bad boys.

///////////////////