Rings

It was like Jay could read Mal's mind. He slipped something out of his pocket, and took Mal's left hand, and slid her ring onto her index finger. The only reason he had it, was because she had thrown it at him, the day he broke up with her.

He was waiting for this day to come, when Mal finally forgave him completly. He showed her his left hand, and on his index finger, was his ring. Mal smiled, and was about to hug him, when someone cleared their throat behind them. 

Mal looked behind her, and so did Jay, to see Carlos, Evie, and Ben. "How did you two sleep?" Ben asked, narrowing his eyes. He grabbed Evie's hand, and saw she was crying. "Evie, what's wrong?" Ben asked, turning his attention to his girlfriend. 

Evie choked out the words, "Jay, Mal, rings." and then burst out crying again. Jay knew what she was talking about. She was mad that Jay had given Mal a matching ring, and that they wore it all the time, up until Jay and Mal had their big fight that broke them up. 

Their fight had been about Jay's relanonship with Evie, because Mal had caught them kissing, while Jay and Mal were dating. In reality, Evie had spelled Jay, because she was mad that Mal was Jay's, instead of her. 

But, Mal was smart, and figured out what happened. She broke Jay's spell, by leading him out to the Enchanted Lake, and pushing him in. She then ran away, so he wouldn't find out she was dating the soon to be King. 

Jay found out, and that broke up their relansonship for good. Then Jay really had fallen for Evie, and they dated until the Cotillion, where Ben and her connected, and found they had more in common than she did with Jay. Ben agreed the same. 

Mal stood up glanced at Evie, and went over to her air mattress. She picked up a dress from her purse that she had expanded. She went and changed in Jay's bathroom. She walked out, and sat next to Jay. 

Jay took her hand, and she grinned. In her ear, he whispered, "I love you." Mal grinned bigger, and whispered the same back. This was one of their traditions. If they ever were apart, or had a fight, or they just needed comfort, they would repeat this to each other. 

"Whats up with you two? OHH! The Isle love is coming back!" Carlos yelled. Mal glared at him, and ran over to him. He saw what was coming, and ran out of the room. Mal yelled, "YOU BETTER RUN PUPPY!" and chased him, with Dude at her heels. Following them, came Jay, Evie, and Ben. 

While they were walking, Ben asked Jay a question. "Did you and Mal have a history on the Isle?" "Yeah. We did. We dated right up until we came to Auradon. Actually the day we came, it ended." "Why?" "Evie spelled me. Mal was heartbroken. Then she found you. She found out about the spell, and shoved me into the enchanted lake. Then, I fell for Evie for real. Then, I find out about you two dating since the cotillion."

"So, are you two dating or something again?" Evie asked. "If Mal is thinking the same way when we whispered our traditon, I believe so. We had a lot of time to talk on that roof, and she said she really missed me. We had started dating, when we were 13." 

"Woah. You guys were in love?" "I really can't say." "Yes you were!" Carlos yelled. Mal started hitting him on the head, and the shoulder. "OWWW! LILAC! THAT HURT!" He screamed as she punched his shoulder. 

Jay was laughing, and now so was Evie. Just like old times. The core four were laughing together like normal. Jay put his arm around Mal's shoulders, and Evie tensed up, and stopped laughing. Carlos was now by Jane, and they were eating breakfast. 

"What's wrong Eve?" Ben asked. She allowed him to be the only one that calls her Eve. "It's nothing. I'm not completly used to this whole fact, that the people we used to love, reconnected after they broke up almost a year ago."