The first side effects

During Mal's first class, she got a headache. She laid her head on the table, and jerked up when Jay touched her shoulder. "You okay Mal?" "Fine. Never better." Later, at lunch, Mal looked around worried. 

When Jay and Carlos sat down next to her, she glanced at them, and said, "Who are you?" Carlos looked at Jay worryingly. Jay was chill, remembering what Doug said about the side effects. "Carlos, it's just a side effect. Don't stress out." 

Mal stared at her food, and picked up a strawberry. "What in Corona is this?" She made a face at it. "It looks dead." "That's because it is." Mal made a face, and said, "EWW!" She threw it, and it managed to hit Evie in the face.

Evie shrieked, and clutched her hair. Carlos snickered, and Jay hit his head. "OW! JAY!" Carlos yelled, and rubbed the back of his head. Mal didn't regain her memory, until dinner. "Hi Jay, hi Carlos." She said as she sat down. 

They started talking about Dude's funny moment, of him trying to eat a feather, and then ending up chasing them all over Carlos and Jay's room. Ben and Evie were trying to find some place to sit. Everywhere was full, except for the table Mal, Jay, and Carlos were sitting at. 

The pair sighed, and moved to sit down across from them. As they sat down the three burst into laughter. Carlos had told another one of his favorite dude moments, and Jay and Mal had cracked up, and Mal's laugh was enough to make them laugh harder. 

When they stopped, they saw Ben and Evie staring at them, from across the table. "Hi guys. What were you laughing at?" Ben asked. "Nothing much." Jay answered. Mal was trying to be okay, but she remembered what they did to her. 

Mal was surprised at Jay's behavior. He was laughing and talking to them. She told herself he must be hiding it. So she let it drop, but she refused to talk or even look at Evie and Ben the whole dinner. 

"Mal? Mal? MAL?" Ben yelled jerking Mal out of her thoughts. She looked up slowly at Ben, a frown forming on her face. "Mal, Evie wanted to ask you a question." She turned to Evie, and Evie pushed a magazine in front of her. 

The magazine, was a more like a catolouge. It was wedding dresses,bridesmaids dresses, wedding cake, wedding decorations, etc. "I need your opinon on a dress for mine and Ben's wedding. Which would look best on me?" Evie asked.

Mal looked up at Evie. Was she really doing this? Was she freaking kidding? Mal asked herself. She pushed back the magazine, and didn't say anything. "Mal? Please answer me. I don't know which to wear, and the wedding is coming up!" 

Mal growled under her breath, just loud enough for Jay to hear. She started to get up, but Jay grabbed her elbow, and pulled her down. Mal couldn't handle it, she wretched herself out of Jay's grip, and stood up. She grabbed the magazine from in front of her, and threw it at Evie.