Chapter 45 : Ketchup Fiasco, Again

"I am still waiting to know the reason," I poked Trystan for the umpteenth time while walking to the cafeteria.

Trystan scratched the back of his neck, awkwardly, "Uh, it's a very weird reason."

"Weird?" I halted on my way, eyes wide, "How could you call me sunshine for a weird reason? Shouldn't it be something romantic?"

Mother Mary! Please don't tell me my life is not like those romantic books!

He stopped midway, closed his eyes tightly, and then gave me a glare.

"Woman, have you ever been told that you are annoying?" he said through gritted teeth. I rolled my eyes.

"Obviously. Chase says that to me all the time," I grinned, "Now give me the reason."

Trystan puffed his cheeks, his face holding defeat.

"I call you that because..."

And, once again, we were interrupted!

"Because you played the role of the sun in our seventh grade play," the jolly voice of Evan completed Trystan's statement.

Wait? What the Fast and Furious?

Before I could express my shock, Evan pushed me aside and dragged Trystan into the cafeteria.

"Where were you, loser?" Gabby greeted her boyfriend with an angry face.

"Away from you," Chase replied on Evan's behalf. Jenny slapped him on the head.

Evan ignored his best friend and took a seat beside Gabby.

"You loser!" he retorted like a kid, making Gabby angrier. This whole time I was glaring at Trystan, who was deliberately ignoring me. Oh, and not to forget the blush on his cheeks!

"Guys," Jenny cleared her throat, bringing everyone's attention towards her, "I wanted to tell you all something."

"WE wanted to tell you all something," Chase emphasized the first word, squeezing Jenny's hands.

"What?" Trystan and I said at the same time.

"Uh, I got the acceptance letter from Oxford University," Jenny blushed.

"Whoa!" I exclaimed, "Congratulations Jenny!"

"Thanks," she smiled softly, "But I am not sure if I'll be going there."

"So am I. Evan and I have decided that we won't be going to college," Chase said, his eyes never meeting ours.

"Instead, we'll be focusing on our music career," Evan said, "But we still have to talk about this to our parents."

Everyone of us was looking at them with understanding. Trystan smiled at Chase and gave him an assuring look. Evan too smiled at his friends.

"I don't know what to do ahead!" Jenny complained softly.

Gabby patted her back, "Take your time, hun! We still have a week before we graduate high school."

As soon as Gabby said those words, there was a silence at our table - A silence that peirced my ears sharper than any noise would ever do.

The sadness entangled on everyone's face was enough to make my vision blur with tears.

With a heavy heart, I said, "We only have a week to be together."

"And after that," Trystan continued, "we all will be going to different places for further studies."

Jenny frowned, looking at me, "The worst part is that not everyone of us is sure what we will be doing after graduating high school."