Chapter 40 : Invitation For Troy

"Okay princess, you are scaring me now," I heard dad's voice from the other side of the door.

I whined for the umpteenth time and curled deeper into my blanket without replying to him.

"Can you tell me why are you curled up in your blanket since afternoon?" Dad knocked at my door, "Did something happen in school?"

I furrowed my eyebrows at the name of school. When I told Gabby and Jenny what happened yesterday, they laughed their butt off and kept teasing me for the whole day. That's exactly what I expected from them. But this is not it, they even enacted the entire scene by fake-puking at each other.

Did I tell you they are my 'best friends?' Note the sarcasm.

I was lucky the boys were still on their suspension.

"Samantha, it's seven in the evening. Open the door or I will force feed you the dinner made by me," Dad warned me and it was enough to make me rush out of my bed and open the door for him.

"What do you want?" I asked him, annoyed by everything, in particular.

"You tell me?" Dad raised his brows, walking inside my room, "Why is my daughter acting like a zombie?"

"You will kill me if I told you the reason," I muttered, once again curling under my blanket.

"Nah, there's no fun in that. I will make you attend my cooking classes, instead," he grinned diabolically, sitting at the corner of my bed.

I glared at him but finally decided to get it out of my system - the entire tsunami of feelings.

"Yesterday, when we came back after meeting Trystan's mom-" I was interrupted by dad's loud groan.

"That guy put a child lock in his car so that I could not unlock it from inside. Who does that?" Dad complained, "I swear he is on my top list of victims."

"Do whatever you want to do with him. Just don't kill me after listening to what I am saying," I joked but dad nodded his head seriously.

With a sigh, I continued, "Well, when we returned to the car, things got heated and we ended up kissing each other-"

"WHAT?" Dad's yell interrupted me, once again.

"-but in the end, I puked on his shirt. And now I am scared to face him ever again."

"Y-You kissed the guy who locked your father in his car?" Dad asked with a pale face.

"That's not the point, dad," I groaned, "I VOMITED at the guy who locked my father in his car."

There was a silence in the room for a while. Dad looked at me with a mixture of emotions on his face. I, on the other hand, again ducked under my blanket.

"OCD?" finally dad concluded.

"He won't understand that," I muttered from under the blanket.

I heard dad sigh as his footsteps neared me. He slowly pulled off the blanket from my face and signaled me to sit down. I rolled my eyes and got up from my sleeping position.

"Do you like him?" Dad asked me with a straight face. I cautiously nodded my head in a yes.

"Do you trust him?" he asked again and I, again, nodded my head in a yes.

"Then go and talk to him. Tell him that you have problems, that you suffer from a slight case of OCD," Dad ruffled my hair and grinned.

I looked at him in confusion, "Why are you smiling, dad? I just told you that I kissed a guy. Why are you not looking for your revolver?"