27.

holy shit it's been a year. i'm so sorry :(
i'm rarely on here much anymore and writers block crushed where i was going with this story. i forgot that i was writing this chapter, so i figured i'd publish it. thank you for continuing to support this story!

!this is unedited btw!

y/n wakes up to the dinging of her phone. rubbing her eyes, she lets out a small sigh and rolls over, lazily grabbing her phone off of her night stand.

she squints at the bright light from her screen; but a wide smile makes its way onto her face once she reads the notifications.

jimin:
good morning cutie,
did you sleep well? :)

y/n takes a minute to sit in bed grinning like an idiot. yesterday, after her and jimin woke up from their tiny nap they exchanged phone numbers.

y/n:
good morning jimin :)
yes i did, did you?

jimin:
yeahh, but i miss you~

y/n:
you're cheesy.

jimin:
are you gonna act
you don't like me being
cheesy and cute? :(

y/n:
yes.

jimin:
your acting skills
aren't very good then
:)

y/n:

y/n:thank you for the good morning text though, it was sweet

y/n:
thank you for the
good morning text
though, it was sweet.

y/n:
i have to start getting
ready lmao. see you at
school?

jimin:
of course,
see ya' at school cutie.

y/n pours her grandpa another cup of coffee, adding only a packet of sugar; the way he prefers. yoongi hasn't texted her yet and she's beginning to worry something is wrong.

she walks the coffee over to her grandpa, handing it to him gently.

"thank you," he smiles, earning a nod from y/n. "have you heard from yoongi yet?"

"no i haven't," y/n mumbles, her eyes fixed on her phone that rests in her hand. "i'm starting to get worried. i might leave now and stop by to check on him – oh!" a ping interrupts y/n's worried words.

relief washes over her once she sees its yoongi; but her relief is quickly replaced with confusion.

yoongi's text is so. . . bland? it literally only says the words "here."

usually, yoongi would ask if she'd eaten or if she'd slept well. he'd text even text something like,
"i'm here, let's enjoy our walk together."

she reads the text yoongi sent her over again but ultimately decides not to think too much about it. shrugging, y/n reaches over and kisses her grandpa's forehead.

"bye grandpa, see you later. love you!"

"by y/n, have a good day. i love you too!" he smiles, waving softly to y/n as she makes her way out the door.

she spots yoongi standing in his usual spot. she goes to wave but doesn't catch his eye. yoongi doesn't look up at her, and his attention is focused on his phone. he even has one earbud in.

"yoongi!" y/n calls brightly, speeding over to the boy. he glances up at her and gives her a sorry excuse of a wave. y/n makes her way over to him and smiles, yoongi doesn't.

"good morning!"

"morning," yoongi almost growls, leaving the earbud in and still not returning her gaze. y/n scrunches her face in confusion, and the two began to walk. yoongi takes long strides, and y/n finds herself beginning to have to slightly jog to keep up.

a frustrated and confused sigh leaves her lips, and she reaches for yoongi's hand. she grabs it softly, causing the boy to come to a halt.

she takes a second to catch up to him, she continues to hold it as she looks up at the boy, a puzzled look highlighting her cute face. yoongi's eyes, which were previously glossed over with annoyance, noticeably soften.

"yoongi?" the girl starts, her voice light and airy as yoongi's name rolls off her tongue in the form of a question. "are you okay? what's going on?"

y/n reaches her hand up to yoongi's forehead to feel if his forehead is warm. it isn't, and y/n is more confused as to why yoongi is acting so weird.

"y/n," yoongi blurts, gaining y/n's attention. "i'm okay, i just didn't rest well," the boy partially lies, because technically, he didn't rest well knowing that y/n was keeping something like whatever is going on with her and jimin, from him.

a frown spreads across y/n's face, as she finds trouble believing yoongi's answer. yeah, he gets grumpy when he doesn't rest well, but he's grumpy towards everyone but her.

"yoongi," y/n mumbles, reaching to hug the boy. her hug is warm and comforting; yoongi finds himself hugging the girl back, his large hands resting on her back.

"damn." yoongi finds himself thinking, as he brushes a piece of y/n's hair behind her ear. "i'm so fucking whipped." y/n's sweet voice cuts off yoongi's thoughts,

"please get your sleep, it's important," y/n says gently, pulling away from yoongi's slightly. the girl places her warm hand on yoongi's squishy cheek. "are you having trouble sleeping? you want me to come over and cuddle with you?" y/n smirks jokingly, as yoongi starts to feel warm.

"aha y/n-ah. ." yoongi laughs shyly, the thought of cuddling y/n until the two of them fall asleep making his heart warm. although, even though he knows y/n would cuddle with him, to her it would all be strictly platonic.

"alrighty, let's get to school before we're late," y/n replies, booping yoongi's nose. yoongi nods and the two continue their walk to school, chatting about how summer is nearing.

"see you in a few!" y/n chirps, as she hugs yoongi tightly, feeling happy now that yoongi is in a better mood. yoongi nods his head softly, sending a sweet smile to the girl before making his way to his locker.

y/n makes her way over to her locker, and sees a familiar gorgeous face waiting for her already. she sends him a sweet smile which he returns.

"wow y/n, you're glowing! it's because of my text to you this morning isn't it?" jimin states cheekily, and y/n rolls her eyes playfully, opening her locker.

"you're an idiot, jimin," y/n replies, taking out the stuff she needs and closing her locker, ignoring the smile tugging at her lips.

jimin just smiles at her comment, before moving closer to her. he leans down slightly, to where their faces are just centimeters apart.

"but i'm your idiot, aren't i?"