2.7

"on your mark, get set

"on your mark, get set... GO!"

sofia swung down two checkered flags in front of the racers; swinging her hips in sync with the flags.

smoke emerged from exhaust pipes of each car. the smell of burnt rubber infected the air. the sound of tires screeching rang loud and clear. the sketchy crowd loudly cheered for the drivers as they speed off.

you watched intensely and quietly, internally praying nothing radical will happen on the track.

jimin and taehyung giddily hit each other's biceps when they saw jungkook steal first immediately. namjoon casually hollered and pumped a fist in the air. a crowd near by standing in the back of a truck joined namjoon in the cheering.

"and there they go!" sofia shook her checkered flags in the air and smiled brightly. she swayed her hips back to a dark blue tent and dumped the leather bag. "we got cameras around the track. come on down to watch on the big screen."

you folded your arms and narrowed your brows at the now long gone cars. the situation was weighing down on your shoulders and irritating you.

with krissy beating you in a game of bowl and now her racing with jungkook.

the over the top ego you had at the beginning of the night was long gone.

the way jungkook and krissy stick together annoyed you and made you a bit sad. it was odd to you that jungkook would say he wants to get back with you one day, yet seemed to have fun with krissy the next.

and to top that off, he looked like he was genuinely enjoying her company.

taehyung noticed your tensed stance and latched an around your shoulders, "you ight, kenna?"

"sure," you murmured, shooting up a tightened smile at taehyung.

namjoon and jimin side glanced at each other and simultaneously smiled smugly; recognizing that their plan was taking it toll.

"we gonna go watch on the big screen or we gonna chill here?" yoongi yawned, resting his head on hoseok's shoulder.

"let's go watch on the screen!" a smiling hoseok exclaimed, wrapping a friendly arm around yoongi, clamping his hand on yoongi's bicep and rubbing it.

«««««

on the track.

jungkook maneuvers through tight curves with a giggling krissy at his side. he smiles at her excitement.