2.3

"seokjin

"seokjin... he and i..." namjoon nervously rubbed his nape and let out a sigh, "we've been in contact and we planned for this to happen... the whole 'kenna showing up at the competition jungkook is a judge of to remind him what he's missing out on'."

jungkook opened his mouth to speak but no words came out.

"way long ago, i told seokjin i would help him and kenna get back at you. the party at my house weeks ago? i was the reason they showed up. you running into kenna at the cafe? seokjin told me to make you see her there... jin told me his friends and kenna are going out tomorrow night and i told them we'd be there."

with only a matter of a few seconds to process what his best friend was saying, jungkook softened his facial features and waved his hand in the air; still not being able to speak.

"but i want you to know i feel guilty about it all and that i want to help you. not get back at her, but get back with her."

"does seokjin know you're telling me all this, joon?"

"no. i told him we were gonna keep everything between us but: here i am. the plan was to help them make you feel guilty but... i can manipulate the situation so that it's kenna feeling guilty about leaving you." namjoon ran a hand through his purple, disheveled hair, "that is, if you actually want to get back with her..."

the brunette couldn't help but crack a smile at his friend's truthfulness. he knew he had no right to be mad at his friend helping the girl he cheated on, get back at him.

jungkook eagerly nodded and held out his hand. "of course, i want to get back with her." namjoon recognized the gesture and moved his hand with jungkook's to preform one of their many, simple handshakes. "we don't have to make her jealous, per say, i just want her to want me the way she used to."

the two released the once before sentimental, tensed vibe and started making their way out of the building.

"that's gonna be a process because she looks like she's moving on fast." namjoon shoved his hands in his jacket pockets when the fresh air hit, "were you talking to her before i got here?"

"yeah," jungkook rolled his eyes, "she told me she was going to hang out with yugyeom... instead of me. can you believe? the audacity?"

"why do you say that?" the elder let out a light laugh. "why don't you just go out with krissy, tonight?"

"dude. krissy isn't kenna."

"you always want something when it's gone, man. it's actually laughable." namjoon chuckled, shoving jungkook gently, "watching you stress over a shitty situation that you put yourself into makes me satisfied."

"bro, you're supposed to be supporting me and talking optimistic to me."

"yeah, but i'm also supposed to be real with you and real shit is that you fucked over kenna by cheating on her. we been knew this. if you want to get her back, the first step to doing so i admitting and embracing the problem you have caused."

jungkook hung his head low, nodding slightly. he knew namjoon was just trying to knock some sense into him, even if it was exactly the opposite of what he wanted to hear.

namjoon hummed and nodded his head. he knew more time apart between you and jungkook would start to make jungkook realize that he really fucked up. it was evident in the way jungkook looked at other women. there weren't glints of lust in his eyes. he wasn't on his phone scrolling through the many pages of females he follows. he was just plotting to get his ex girlfriend back. and maybe prove himself better than the other boys you're considering on dating.

"it's not the end between you guys. kenna just needs some more time to think about you. for now we can plot another way to get her attracted to you. not yoongi. not yugyeom."

"ugh. i don't even wanna think about what kenna and yugyeom are doing right now." jungkook muttered, crossing his arms over his chest.

"you mean like catching up on life?"

"exactly."

from a distance, a wild park jimin was speed walking away namjoon's car and towards his two friends.

a loud feminine sob sounded.

"jimin, don't leave me with her!" taehyung shouted, chasing his red haired friend.

jimin had an annoyed expression on his face as he approached jungkook and namjoon.

"what happened, dude?" jungkook asked when jimin slowed his pace next to them.

"krissy."

"what about her?" namjoon rose his brows.

"she's annoying." jimin answered.

taehyung ran up to his three friends and panted, "jesus, jungkook. krissy's been crying ever since you left to get her bag. i was so close to telling her to shut the fuck up."

jimin nodded aggressively, agreeing with taehyung's statement. namjoon laughed out loud. jungkook stuck his tongue out.

it was obvious to jungkook that his friends did not like krissy but he didn't care. krissy was starting to annoy him a great amount too.

jungkook stayed with krissy because she was a valuable piece to his game with getting you back.

jungkook tried to implement the thought of actually liking krissy back in his mind but it hasn't worked and he was starting to get tired of pretending to be affectionate towards her.

"she's just sad she lost. cut her some slack," namjoon reasoned as they neared his car.

the crying got louder. krissy heard a few shuffles and perked her head up. at the sight of her boyfriend, the small blonde excited the car and ran into his unopened arms.

she clung around his neck and whined for jungkook's comfort.

"well talk about what we're doing tomorrow later..." the purple haired male shrugged, hopping into his vehicle.

"if you guys are goin' out tomorrow i better be invited."

jimin chimed into what taehyung said, "me too."