Chapter 3 - Sandy Satan

It was the end of the next day and I was stood at my locker, getting books out so I could do some studying at home tonight. I don't have any tests or anything coming up; I just like to be ahead of things.

Maybe I am a nerd.

"Hey, Satan."

Ugh.

I close my locker and turn around to face him.

"What do you want," I say.

"Oh, Satan. Seems like you're getting moodier and moodier. Did you get enough sleep last night? Is your flow getting heavier?"

I narrow my eyes at him. "If all you wanted to do was bug me then I'm leaving." I take a step away from him but before I can get any further, he grabs my arm and spins me back around to face him.

"Actually, what I wanted was to ask if I could copy your chemistry notes? I ditched class last time but I don't wanna fall behind so I need notes."

"Since when do you care about keeping up with work?"

This doesn't sound like him.

"Since now. Can I have them?"

"No." I try to walk away again but he just holds my arm and this time doesn't let go.

"Why not? I will give them back tomorrow."

"I need them tonight."

"Let me take a photo of it then."

"No."

"Why not?"

"Because."

"Because why?"

"Because I said no."

"But why-"

"Just shut up! Fine here," I open my notepad and hold it out for him to take a photo.

He stares at it, then looks at my locker, then at me.

"It's not those ones I want. I need old ones. I saw your old books in your locker before you closed it."

"The only notes I have in those books are from last year. Why would you need them?"

"Because I do. Just give me them."

I groan, putting my combination into my locker then opening it, I pull out my 10th grade chemistry book.

"Which bit do you need-" When I turn around he is really close up to my face. If I moved any more then my face would touch his.

He quickly pulls away and scratches the back of his neck.

What the heck was that?

"Uhh...so which part do you want?" I ask hesitantly.

"What?" He furrows his eyebrows.

"The notes. Which part do you want to take a photo of."

"Oh, um... I don't need them anymore."

What?

"But you-"

"See you later, nerd." With that he turns and walks away down the corridor towards the exit.

That was weird.

Confused, I put the book back in my locker then head outside to meet Zoey so she can drive me home.

I have my license, I just can't afford a car right now. I don't need one anyway, Zoey drives me everywhere since most of the time it's her I'm going places with.