Chapter 2 - I warned you not to tell

"Marnie! Marnie!" The crazy girl comes running down the school corridor towards me.

The crazy girl happens to be my best friend, Zoey. Today she is wearing her usual zipped jeans and band t-shirt. Her hair has a streak of pink and blue on either side of her blonde hair.

We have similar styles – although I prefer to wear normal jeans and not her ripped bold jeans and I don't put random colours into my hair either. I prefer to blend in.

"Guess what! Guess what!" She shouts when she approaches me.

"Hmm...let me guess. Harry Styles shaved the rest of his hair?"

She gives me a horrified look. "God, I hope not! Guess again!"

"Just tell me," I say monotonously.

"Mason broke up with Aubrey!" She squeals.

Let me catch you up. Mason Conway is the schools most popular jock, and his girlfriend – ex girlfriend now – is the prettiest, and bitchiest girl in school. They're the perfect pairing.

"Wow," I say with a sarcastic smile.

"Everyone's talking about it. Apparently he caught her cheating with Lewis."

"That sucks." I take my math book out of my locker then close it.

"What's up with you today?"

"Nothing, I'm just tired. I was babysitting late last night."

I wonder if I should tell Zoey about me babysitting Zeke. She'd probably get way over excited about it though, plus I don't want Zeke to make my life hell.

"Poor you. At least you can catch up on some sleep in math."

We start walking to class since we both have math together.

"No thanks. I don't feel like getting a detention today. Or any day."

"Oh please. Mr. Harrison won't catch you. The guys basically blind."

"Are you kidding me? He catches people all the-" 

I'm cut off when my shoulder hits against something. Someone.

"Watch it, nerd." The asshole says.

I turn around and there he is. The devil himself. Zeke.

Without thinking, the words spill from my mouth.

"Oh hey, Zeke! It's nice to see you again! I had so much fun babysitting you last night."

Him and his two friends turn to look at me. Cole and Isaac stand on either side of him, the three of them unintentionally looking like supermodels. Zeke's the tallest of the three. Cole stands on his right, he has dark hair and beautiful blue eyes that could probably be seen from the other end of the corridor.

Isaac stands on his left. He looks like he just got out of bed and his blonde hair sits in a mess on his head, yet he still looks flawless.

"What?" Cole says, looking between me and Zeke.

"Babysitting?" Isaac says with a raspy voice.

Zeke is looking at me like he could kill me, but he quickly snaps out of it and does a fake laugh.

"What? I don't even know you." He smirks.