Chapter 22*

"I know you're in there, Sherlock," a familiar voice hisses. My eyes widen as I look up at Sherlock, unsure of what we should do. He closes his eyes for a brief moment, trying to think.

"Don't let them know you're in here," He whispers in my ear, sending shivers down my spine. I only nod as an answer. He opens the door of the closet, revealing himself while still keeping me hidden. He shuts the closet door and I watch him through the crack.

"Hello, Sherlock!" The recognizable voice beams, "How are you liking the game so far?" Fuck, why can't I recognize the voice?

"Oh, it's delightful," Sherlock replies sarcastically and I can picture him rolling his eyes.

"Where's Rachelle?" The voice asks. "I miss her. It's been a while." Then the footsteps get closer to the closet door. My heart nearly stops as worry courses through me. They stop before the door is whipped open, revealing Moriarty. Of course. He smiles at me, holding a hand out to assist me in standing up from the closet floor. I ignore his gesture and climb up from the ground myself, not needing his help.

"Moriarty," I greet with an unsurprised look. "So you murdered the student... Did Mitchell even have anything to do with it?" I question, realizing his little plan.

"I did set him up, to lead you two here." He tilts his head to the side making me left out a scoff. "I needed a chat. It's all a part of the game," He snaps, his voice going from calm and informative, to aggressive and dangerous.

"That's it? All this work for nothing- to find out that Mitchell never killed anybody?" Sherlock asks, frustrated that he didn't see this coming. Moriarty wasted our time-- something he loves doing.

"Oh, see, but that's the thing. He has killed somebody... Rachelle should know that," He says while pointing a finger at me. I blink, confused as to what he's referring to.

"What? Know what?" I inquire, ready to hear his explanation.

"Oh, you know... Does Sebastian Moran ring any bells?" He smiles and my blood runs cold at the memory. 

***

"I have a sniper locked on you right now," I snap at the person tied to the chair. "I know what you had done to that girl," I yell at the man in the chair, anger flooding my mind.

"And? That was in the past. What are you going to do about it now?" He questions with a shit-eating grin on his face, not realizing his end is near.

"Make you suffer." I take my knife from my back pocket and stab it into his hand. He cries out in pain, begging me to stop. "No, no. This is the consequence of your actions. There is no one to blame but yourself. Sebastian, take the shot." I demand. Suddenly a big bang goes off and the man in front of me drops dead. "Thank you," I whisper into my earpiece, turning on my heal and leaving the body drooping over the chair.

***

"You two were close. Rachelle knew Moran before I did. They were very close," Moriarty says to Sherlock and I look away from them both. "But then, of course, I hired Moran to do my dirty work, so he left her behind. Such a sad story if you ask me, but then I started a game with Rachelle. I couldn't leave you all alone like a poor, lost puppy." Moriarty smiles. 

"Bastard," I growl but he simply ignores me. 

"Sherlock, if you think you have done bad things, think again. Rachelle was worse. She is worse. I'm surprised you've lasted this long. She fakes people's friendships to get close to them, learn about them, then kill them. It's a part of her game, but I'm surprised you're not. She must really care for you, otherwise, you would be dead by now. Look at Moran... He'd be dead by now if I didn't take him in. You're just so lucky. "

"Jim," I start as a warning, not wanting him to speak any more about this. I will have plenty of explaining to do for Sherlock later, and I sure as hell don't want to start now.

"You do remember?" He asks with a smirk, pleased to hear that I remember exactly what he's talking about.

"How could I forget?"

***

"No, Please no. I'm begging you. Whatever you want!" The man yells, saying anything to save his own life.

"No. You did wrong, murdering that family. But you want to know the best part? How you thought you were going to get away with it," I laugh maniacally at his incompetence. What a dumbass.

"Please, I have a family of my own."

"You should have thought about that before you went and murdered someone else's entire family. I bet you wouldn't be too thrilled if that happened to yours," I retaliate, raising the gun to his temple. He looks me dead in the eye before speaking again.

"If you kill me, that would be murder."

"I really don't care," I tell him just before pulling the trigger. A big bang goes off and I watch as his body falls to the ground, limp, lifeless, dead. A pool of blood piles over my feet. I just turn around and walk away. I run home in my bloody shoes before immediately throwing them in my fireplace.

***

"Did you ever work with Moriarty?" Sherlock asks as he breaks the tension between Moriarty and me. I take a step back, hurt that he'd ask such a thing. I would never stoop that low.

"No. I-" I start to explain before Jim cuts me off.

"No, it's a shame really. I offered her a job with me, but she rejected it. She rejected me!" He yells before laughing. "We could've worked together-- been a great team! But now we fight," Moriarty quietly announces with a pout. Sherlock looks to me but my eyes don't leave Moriarty's. "You brought Sherlock into this as well. I guess you'll have to work together. But you don't have to worry Sherlock, she won't kill you. She cares for you too much. Which, by the way Rachelle, that's dangerous." 

"We're leaving," I state, grabbing Sherlock's attention again. His eyes bore into me and I know he's curious and confused.

"Bye-bye, Virgin, and Rachelle. See you soon!" Moriarty says before walking off, "I'll let Moran know that we spoke." Sherlock and I look at each other before walking off together. We don't say a word to each other the whole way to Baker Street.