Chapter 5

~A few weeks later~

"I hate him!" I yelled as I scrubbed the floor boards for the millionth time. Eren snickered and Armin laughed. We were the only ones in the room and I was, as usual, complaining.

"It's not like we can uninvent dirt and dust. It doesn't have to be perfectly clean. This sucks." The others had gone quiet, so I looked up to see Corporal Levi standing in the doorway.

"It sounds like you want even more work, (y/n)." He accused.

"Please don't." I half warned, half whined.

"After this go clean the stables." He smiled.

"Damn you. I will kill you." I growled. He only walked off. I got up and silently left the room. Following him, I waited until there was no one else around. Then, I quickly ran up and jumped on him.

"Ufgh. WHAT THE HELL (L/N)!" He yelled.

"If I would have had a weapon you would have been dead. So I 'killed' you." I chimed getting off of him. He growled as I walked back to the room.

~Time Skip~

"Ugh. Why are you making clean out here too?" I whined as Levi dragged me to the stables.

"It's punishment for jumping on me."

"No fair~." I sang.

"Tch." He led to a particularly dirty part of the stable and told me to clean. I did, but he watched me the whole time.

"Wanna tell me why you're watching?" I sighed, unamused.

"To make sure you do it right." I growled at him and finished up.

"There. Is it perfect now?! Can I go have a life?" I said, not even thinking about picking up the cleaning tools. At least not yet.

"You missed that whole area over there." He stated pointing to the opposite side of the stables.

"Then why don't you clean it? You are the one who wants it cleaned." I smirked at him.

"If you remember correctly, I said that this was your punishment for jumping on me." He smirked back.

"Well excuse me for getting revenge. Also, if you remember correctly," I stated, using his words back at him, "you told me to clean the stables before I jumped on you. If you're gonna make me clean this at least have someone else help me."

"Like who?" He quietly growled.

"Eren could help. He's tall enough to reach those cobwebs up there." His growls grew in volume.

"Jaeger will not be helping you with anything. After this, you will clean the mess hall."

"Like hell I will. Go clean the damn place yourself. Oh, and while your at it," I threw my rag to him, "you could kindly finish up here. Meanwhile, I'll go talk to my friends." I walked only a few steps away when, he caught my wrist and pulled me back to him.

"I will not let you leave your work unfinished." He growled in my ear.

Levi's POV

I wasn't about to let her walk away from me. So, I had to keep her back somehow.

"Let. Go. Of. Me." She stated every word clearly and full of anger.

"Like hell I will. Not until you finish your work."

"Damn you to hell. Got it? Just leave me alone." She ripped her wrist away and stalked off.

~the time skip to a random titan hunting mission that was randomly sprung upon them by me the author for the sake of the plot~

(Y/n) swung a few feet away from me and Ackerman was on the opposite side. But, of course, as soon as Jaeger was in trouble she swung off to help him. I heard a crash behind me and saw a titan fall by (y/n)'s hands. Then, I saw one in front of me.

I swung around and cut the nape of its neck only to be caught in the hand of another titan. My swords dangled helpless and my sides. I was trapped.

(A/n) Yes yes I know. Humanity's strongest soldier could never have been caught off guard like that. Well for the sake of the plot he was. Got it? No more questions? Good. Back to the story.

Your POV

I watched as Levi was caught in a train's grasp. Quickly, I swung over to the titan and saw that it was squeezing Levi to the point where he passed out. I quickly killed the titan and pulled Levi out of the air. Swinging, onto a nearby tree, I set him down. Geez, he's heavy.

I looked at his chest and saw that he still breathing, but only slightly. I also noticed that we had gotten separated from our squadron. I looked back at him and saw that his breathing was slowing.

"No, no, no, no. Open your eyes. Corporal? Come on, open your eyes. Please. Captain, heichou, corporal. God dammit. Please open your eyes!" I tried slapping him, shaking him, and even shouting. By now, titans had begun to gather around the tree. I paid no attention to them.

"Corporal! Open your damn eyes!" I screamed. Realizing I had no other choice, I laid him flat on the branch and performed CPR. It still wasn't working. Although, his lips were really soft. "Levi! Open your eyes! You fucking idiot! Please, Levi." I put my forehead against his and cried.

That's when I felt arms snake around my waist. I opened my (e/c) to find his silvery Gray ones staring back.

"Stop shouting your attracting titans." He whispered.

"YOU GOD DAMN IDIOT!" I yelled at him. "DON'T YOU EVER SCARE ME LIKE THAT AGAIN! I THOUGHT I LOST ONE OF MY BEST FRIENDS! YOU IDIOT!" I cried again as I buried my face in his shoulder.

Levi's POV

She kept crying, while I lay there pondering what she had said.

(A/n) wow that sounded so suffocated.

"One of your best friends?" I questioned her. Her response was mumbled and I could hardly hear it.

"I know we fight a lot and I know that I hate you. But, I was still worried about you. So I came to the conclusion that I think of you as I close friend that I also hate."

My arms were still around her, so I hugged her tighter and when she didn't object, I spoke.

"I-I think I l..." I was cut off be the sound of a 3DMG coming towards us from the trees. She quickly climbed off of me and pulled my up as well. My 3DMG was broken due to that stupid titan.

"(Y/n)!" It was Jaeger. I let out a quiet growl as he hugged her. "Are you okay?"

"Eren. Calm down! I wasn't even the one who was hurt." Jaeger glanced at me and tried to suppress a laugh.

"Humanity's strongest soldier got hurt." He burst out laughing as I glared at him. Just then, the tree shook a little and we were all reminded of the small crowd of titans.

(Y/n) slipped off her 3DMG and handed it to me. I gave her a questioning glance and she told me, Jaeger could just carry her back. That pricked my nerves more than I'd like to admit.

"I'll carry you back." She and Jaeger gazed at me in shock. "It's the least I can do since you saved me." She nodded and climbed on my back. I saw Jaeger give me a slight glare/smirk as he swung off.

As we were on our way back, (y/n) rested her head on my shoulder. I was so glad she couldn't see the ever so slight blush on my face.

______________________________________________________________

(A/n) So sorry about the late update. Ill try my best to update faster. But, I'm running low on ideas. Can you guys help a little. I completely forgot where I was going with this and I'd love to see your opinions.