Chapter 28

Cover by cutlet_ ^.^

++++++++++++++++++++

"Watch where you are going, freak!"

That lovely statement is what greeted me after I rounded a corner while on my way to the front of the school and found myself on the floor. There was a rather painful throbbing in my behind as I winced and looked up to an angry looking Jenna.

Absolutely fabulous.

"Sorry, I didn't mean t--" I started, only to be quite rudely cut off by a shrill voice.

"Sorry!? You little retard! You couldn't made me fall and break something! I could've broken my neck! And all you can say is sorry!?" She exclaimed, her blue eyes narrowing angrily as she screamed at me, drawing the attention of passerby students.

That was something that always made it really easy to tell Julia and Jenna apart. Not only the obvious difference in personality, style, and haircut, but while Jenna had electric blue eyes, Julia had the most lively green eyes I've ever seen.

She's so tense. Maybe I should set up a therapeutic massage appointment for her...

"...are you even listening you dumb freak!?" Jenna's screechy voice snapped, jolting me from my thoughts of my life when my parents were alive.

"Dude, you've called me 'freak' twice now. Can you my come up with anything of a higher intellectual meaning? Or is 'freak' the biggest insult you know?" I snap agitatedly, tired of hearing her annoying voice.

I just want to go home with Jordan and watch anime. Why can't the universe just leave me alone and let me fangirl over Natsu Dragneel in peace?

"Excuse me!? Who do you think you are to talk to me in such a way!?" She screamed, only causing her little 'posse' to all glare down at me hatefully.

How this girl had friends, the world may never know.

"Oh, gee, I don't know, maybe your step-sister." I retort sardonically, rolling my eyes at her overdramatized existence.

Having the well-known knowledge that Jenna would rather get hit by a car than help me up, I slowly got up, wincing and rubbing my tailbone as I straightened up.

How do I keep ending up on the floor? I swear, I'm going to catch a disease at this rate.

"You are no sister of mine!" She snapped, harshly poking my chest with a manicured finger and breathing rather heavily.

Whoa, dude, take a chill pill. No need to be a drama queen.

"No crap, Sherlock! Key emphasis on the word 'step'!" I snarl back, glowering at her as she looks down to me.

Pfft. Please, this girl is almost the same height as I am. The only difference is her heels are almost four inches tall.

"Don't take that tone with me!" She retorts, placing her hands at her hips as she glares at me with icy cold eyes.

Who the fudge does she think she is, my mother?

"Okay, Mom, I'll do that..." I say sarcastically, rolling my eyes and flicking my hair over my shoulder. "As soon as hell freezes over."