Chapter 36

Devin's POV

I loosened my black tie, and ran a hand through my disheveled hair. I sat at the edge of my bed.

Divorce.

The word haunted my thoughts as I sat over analyzing our conversation from just a few minutes ago.

My parents would be mad at me, and would never forgive me if I let her go along with her plan of getting a divorce. I would lose my company to my brother. The brother who knew nothing about the business life.

I had to stop her before things got too far and would be shamed by both my parents.

I rolled up the sleeves of my shirt and stood up.

Never mind waiting until tomorrow to talk. If I let that much time pass, who knows what could happen.

I left my room and walked to the door in front of my own. I opened it without thinking what could lay on the other side.

The room was empty when I walked in. The only noise that could be heard was splashing of water coming from her bathroom. I went over to her chaise and sat on it. I tapped my foot impatiently as I waited for Samantha to come out.

After a few minutes, the door clicked open and out walked Samantha in a big baggy white t-shirt that ended mid thigh. Her long legs were on display.

She didn't seem to notice me since she walked over to her bed and started preparing it for sleep.

I watched as the shirt slightly hitched up when she bent to pull the covers.

I watched her carefully as her words made their way back to me.

I'm attracted to you.

I didn't dare put in the bit part since it was not necessary at all.

This girl who stood in front of me had a fondness for me. I smirked a bit as I let it register fully into my brain. My charm still worked.

When Samantha finally looked from her bed sheets, she stared at me in shock.

"What are you doing in here?" She asked as she continued to arrange her bed.

I stood up to my full height and walked over to the foot of her king sized bed.

"I came to talk." I played with the white silk bedspread's end.

"I thought you wanted to talk in the morning when I would talk more reasonable." She quoted my words that I had said earlier in a harsh tone.

"I've had a change of heart." She scoffed when I said those words.

"Enlighten me then." She gave me a quick glance before continuing her previous actions.

"I don't think we should get that divorce," I bluntly said.

"And why is that?"

"I think we can work things out." I walked over to her and stood behind her as she still worked on her bed. I was breathing down on her neck slowly, hoping it would affect her. If she felt something for me, I would work with that for now to make her rethink. I would use her feelings to make her stop her actions.

I heard her breathing get fast and I noticed the trembling of her fingers as they played with the silk.

"Work things out?" She asked slowly.

"Yes."

She slowly turned around and I could see her questioning face. She searched my face for any signs of why I might be saying that, but I didn't giver her any success.

"And how are you planning to work things out?" She looked into my eyes and waited for a response.

"Maybe we could give our parents what they want and try this whole marriage thing out and then, if you still want that divorce, I will give you what you want and sign the papers along with giving you the promised amount of money for breaking the contract." I stepped closer to her so that there would only be a bit of centimeters between us.

"How-" I cut her words before she could finish her sentence.

"Be ready by six in the evening. I will be taking you out."

"Where?"

"You will find out when we get there." I turned around and left her in her flustered state.

When I got to my room, I undressed myself, only leaving my boxers on and walked into my closet. I took out a pair of cotton sweats and put them on. I walked back into my room and took my phone from my night stand. I scrolled through my contacts and called the one person who I needed at the moment, my private assistant, Marcus.

"Hello?" He asked when he picked up the phone. I could tell I had woken him up, but I did not care. I paid him to help me twenty-four seven.

"Marcus, I need you to call the helmsman to prepare the yacht for tomorrow at seven in the evening. Tell the crew to prepare the the deck for a dinner date. Make sure to tell them that everything has to be perfect. Also, tell the cooks to plan a three course meal."

"Do you have anything specific for the courses of the meal, sir?"

"Italian. I want you to supervise everything and make sure everything is done before seven." I ended the call and plugged my phone into its charger. I went to bed and closed my eyes.

I will not let you get what you want, Samantha. Before you know it, you won't want to leave me.

A/N

Well Devin does not agree on the divorce.

Do you guys think he will get his way and make Samantha stay or will Samantha still want that divorce by the end of Devin's little plan?

Anyway I hope you guys are having a fantastic day. I know I am... kinda cx

By the way what do you guys think of Devin so far?

Please vote and comment.

Bye (:

P.S. I'm liking the new way to align the writing. I like the the way I can center now cx If you haven't noticed yet cx

Oh and also before I forget do you guys like the new cover I made or should I change it back to the old one?

Okay now I thing I should say bye cx

Bye(:

*oops said it two times*

*Okay I think I had too much coffee this morning*