Chapter 35

As I stared at the man with the cold gaze sitting in front of me, I started to think things over. Why was I still here? Devin had broken that stupid contract since the beginning of our marriage and not only that, but he made his brother forge his signature on a legal document. Why was I still going along with this stupid facade? I could have pulled out a long time ago and taken this situation to my lawyer. I feel like some pushover. I am a pushover.

I let my parents drag me down with them even though I knew I could escape. I could have ended this whole mess before it even started, but I guess pleasing my parents hazed every possible part of logic in me.

Now was my chance to get my life back and make something of myself. I could make Devin give me the money that was written on the contract and go back to school to finish my degree. I could find someone of my choosing and make a life with them. All I had to do was finally stand up for myself.

"I want a divorce," I bluntly stated.

This line caught Devin of guard because soon he sat staring at me in confusion.

"Pardon?"

"I want a divorce," I said a bit slower this time.

"A divorce?" He pondered on the word as he looked at me. He sounded as if I had gone mad because of saying that word.

"We both know that contract was broken awhile ago by someone in this room." I stopped and gave Devin a knowing look. "Meaning I could easily bring this situation to my lawyer and I promise you I will get my way. Since you have misbehaved against the contract, I would like to collect the one hundred million dollars you would owe me once I would win the case," I said remembering back to the contract and what the fee for breaking it would be. I felt a surge of exhilaration rush through me as I spoke with such confidence.

"We could easily work this out without your lawyer, Samantha," he said in a calm and collective manner.

"Yeah, but we would be working it out your way! I want to get out of this mess I was dragged into. I want to stop these feelings I'm feeling and escape this fake life I'm pretending to live with you!" I shouted letting my anger get the best of me. I analyzed what I had said and soon wanted to shrink into a little ball. I practically just told him I wanted to run away from my feelings. My childish feelings for him.

"What are these feelings you're feeling?" Devin awkwardly asked. He looked over at me before indulging himself with a piece of paper on his desk.

Well, this was just not how I wanted things to go. Why had I let that escape my big mouth? I'm a grown woman who can face silly crushes head on. I was no longer a school girl who was shy to confess her stupid crush, and would blush when that stupid crush looked at me. I was grown enough to tell this stupid crush how I was feeling even if the consequences weren't too pretty in the end.

"I'm a BIT attracted to you, okay?" I huffed out and folded my arms. There, I said it.

Devin slowly looked up from the paper he was reading, and stared at me as if I had grown a second head.

He cleared his throat, and stayed silent for awhile before finally speaking up.

"Attracted to me?" He asked slowly.

"Yeah."

He shifted awkwardly in his seat, and put the paper he was holding back to the pile of papers.

"It's getting pretty late," he said as he glanced at his Rolex. "We should head upstairs and go to bed."

Devin stood up from his office chair and walked over to the door. He opened it and waited for me to follow. I did, but stopped when I was right in front of him.

"I still want that divorce, by the way."

"We'll talk about this in the morning when you're talking more reasonable." Was he saying I wasn't in my right kind to make decisions at the moment?

I looked at him once more before walking out of the room and down the long hallway. I walked over to the stairs and ascended them. Devin followed behind me.

When I got to my bedroom door, I stopped and looked to the man standing in front of his own door.

"I shouldn't have said that, right?" I asked as I looked at his tall figure. I know I was too straightforward with him.

"Goodnight, Samantha." He opened his door and walked into his room. I did the same, only I didn't go to sleep. Instead, I thought about what Sidney had talked to me about.

She was the one that had built up my confidence when I had gone to see her after talking to Olivia. She had been the one that told me what I thought was best for me and face my problems. Now I was facing them and my feelings. Even though I still haven't worked either of them out yet, I would soon.

I went into my bathroom and started a much needed bath to soak in.

A/N

Living a Fake Like was able to get #3 in chicklit!!!! What!!!!????!!!

I want to thank everybody again for voting and enjoying this book so far.

Okay so some of you have commented many times that Samantha is old enough to make her own decisions and if she wanted she could pull out anytime since Devin pretty much broke the contract by cheating and making his brother do something illegal for him.

So now I want to ask you the reader, will Samantha go through with it and divorce Devin or will her feelings be to much?

Please vote and comment.

Bye (: