Chapter 139 - Variety Show (40)

"The number one most asked question was whether our lovely Fallen Angels are still single, but we'll extend it to everyone as we want to share the truth with fans everywhere. We saw a lot of good chemistry between you all today, especially Rio and Valentina, and it seems that your new songs have a sense of heartbreak and longing? Can we get your responses so that you can reassure or break the hearts of your fans? Shawn, why don't we start with you?"

"Sure. Unfortunately, I'm still single and focused on my career right now instead of dating. I barely have time to attend all my scheduled activities and relax, much less make time for dating. Worry not, my Pillars; I'll properly announce when I begin looking for the love of my life. Hopefully, it will be one of you who has been supporting us for so long." Shawn replied with an easy wink, causing the audience to erupt in screams of excitement.

"Ohhhh, that means there's hope for the beautiful ladies out there. Rio, how about you? What is the romantic atmosphere like on planet Rio."

"Same as Shawn, very single and not specifically looking for someone. I'm too busy with all the projects we're working on right now. But I'm open to falling in love if the circumstances are right and if I eventually meet the right person."

"Ohh? Then what kind of person would be your ideal woman? We have a snippet from one of the songs on your upcoming album here. In one of the songs, you especially sing the line about bewitching green eyes? Knowing what I do about you and Shawn's insistence on composing most of your songs, I can't help but ask, does that line mean more? In fact, I see a pair of bewitching green eyes here with you on stage." Vanessa paused for dramatic effect as the camera zoomed in on Valentina's surprised face before continuing with a knowing smile, "Could that have been your confession? After all, she is also the only woman you follow on social media. Additionally, there's been some news linking you to Bobbi Fox. She's openly proclaimed that she wants to collaborate with you two. Is there a collaboration on the way?" Vanessa immediately doubled down, leaning forward with interest as she glanced between Rio and Valentina.

Seeing the insinuating look, Valentina immediately put a polite smile on her face while avoiding looking at Rio. She could feel a cold sweat running down her back and hoped he wouldn't say anything crazy. She knew that him following her would probably come up, but she had hoped and prayed that they could just skip by it.

She mentally began shouting at Rio in her head. Deflect! Deflect! Deflect!

"Haha not at all. Bobbi is someone I consider my little junior in the industry. As for an album collaboration, I guess our fans will have to wait and see." Rio knocked out the easy question before turning on the charm as he stared into Vanessa's eyes.

"As for the lines in our song, I just want to state that the album has been done for a while and has been undergoing refinement. With our previous music video, we were looking for a specific look. I felt that the green-eye line was fitting since the angel we ended up using for our music video was green-eyed. And if you look back at our past music, we've mentioned everything from ocean eyes to chocolate brown eyes, so I wouldn't try to pin the characteristics we sing about to one person. If our angel interest in the music video were blue-eyed or hazel-eyed as originally planned, we would have changed the lines accordingly."

"Originally planned? Tell me more about that. Does that mean Valentina wasn't your first choice for the music video?"

"She didn't audition originally. The original person we had selected fell through, but thankful Valentina was able to come in based on a highly reputable recommendation and display her skills. Once we saw what she could do, we didn't feel the need to have people reaudition for the role. From that moment on, as you all can see, history was made."

"Interesting. It seems that fate brought your group together. Care to explain why you follow Valentina and not Yuri? After all, you did say you were all equally close." Jimmy slid in a pointed question as his eyes narrowed.

"Oh, that? As you know, even amoung friendships, there are always levels to it." Rio gave a cheeky grin, "Both Shawn and I consider Valentina a very good friend and someone who we see as the little sister of our little trio. Even though we've only known each other for a short while, we actually get along really well. As we're considered seniors in the industry, even though we still think we're learning every day, both Shawn and I have been acting as mentors of sorts, as we want our pseudo-little sister to do well without falling into the common pitfalls in this industry. Following her was just step one in our evil master plan. Can you guess what it is?"

Rio gave Vanessa his fully charming expression, causing her cheeks to turn slightly red.

"I can't guess, please share."

"Well, We've actually been trying to convince her to come join Platinum Entertainment. Sneakily, of course."

"Oh? Actively trying to poach another agency's artist. Bold? Why is that, may I ask?" Jimmy asked while leaning in.

"I truly think it's the best agency in terms of taking artists to the peak of their career. You both know that Shawn and I recently renewed our contracts with Platinum, so we would definitely encourage anyone we consider a sister to join. Plus, there's a more selfish reason: if she comes over, we get a discount if we want to use her in a music video again."

"Ahhhh, a discount? Is Valentina that expensive to book?" Jimmy asked while laughing.

"You clearly don't know the price of fame. I can tell you that her price has gone up drastically due to the success of our video. Given her a couple of years at Platinum, and she'll be more expensive than Shawn and I combined. I have to work hard not to be outdone by a junior."

"So, a problem of your own making, I see. Very unfortunate." Vanessa giggled while Jimmy nodded.

"Alas. So I ask our fans to please help us save money and support Valentina while convincing her to come over to help Team Fallen Angel at Platinum. Save us some money, and we can release more music and products. Please! The economy is so hard!"

At Rio's dramatic sigh and pleading voice, Vanessa burst out laughing before turning to look at Valentina.

Widening her eyes innocently after hearing his response, she wanted to shout at him.

Why was he releasing her news?! The lawyers had told her not to say anything about the switch on the show! Had something changed on the Platinum Side? Although the reception from the audience and hosts seemed okay for now since many people thought he was joking, she couldn't help but be stressed.

They were following a nice little plan and setting the groundwork and now Rio had to open his big mouth. She mentally began sending him curses and hoping he could sense them. Unfortunately, Rio didn't even glance at her as he continued.

"I remember you asked another question Vanessa. Could you please remind me once more?" Rio smoothly asked.

"Of course. Design your dream woman. Your fans really want to know since you have always given ambiguous answers before. If you don't answer, I'll ask you *little sister*. I bet she'll be honest with us. Right, Valentina?"

"Of Course Vanessa! Us women have to stick together." Valentina replied in a slick manner.

"Oof, you put me in a tough spot, Vanessa, but I won't back down. For my dream woman, I don't have any requirements per se. All I hope is that anyone I end up with is a kind person who has a passion or hobby they follow. Everything else is up to fate." Rio calmly replied.

"My hobby is you, Rio! Let's get married!"

"No, he's mine!"

"Oooh, it seems your answer riled up the fans. But leaving it to fate? How dull. Valentina, let's move on to you. I sense a scoop. As far as I know, you're currently signed to Black Rock? Could this possible switch to Platinum Entertainment be a result of your conflict with Aaliyah, or is this a very elaborate cover-up so you can be closer to the Fallen Angels? After all, you and Rio seemed quite close today, and I definitely saw a lot of flirting. Valentina, what say you? Are you single? Are you searching? Are you secretly dating? Tell us the truth, Valentina. And don't be shy; you're amoung friends here. We don't bite unless you want to, promise." Jimmy replied with an interested look in his eyes as he turned to Valentina.