Chapter 99 - Variety Show (1)

When she woke up the following day, her sore body felt much better. After taking the medicine given to her by the doctor, she went downstairs for breakfast, and when she arrived, she saw Kaiser and Luca sitting at the table, silently glaring at each other.

As Luca ran over to hug her, Kaiser gave her a sly smile, which caused her to blush and look away. Laughing to himself, he came and pressed a kiss to her cheek while trying to place his arm around her waist.

"Good morning, Valentina. Sleep well?"

"I did. Now distance yourself." Valentina replied, shoving his head away from her.

"You smell delicious, like a dessert fresh out of the oven. Whatever perfume this is, send me the details. I want to buy the patent so only you can smell like this."

"You can't. It's custom. Stop your nonsense so early in the morning." She rolled her eyes at him before sitting down. As Kaiser sat down, he looked at her happily, undeterred by her words.

"You look like you're feeling better. You're moving a lot easier, too," he commented.

"I do feel better. The medicine the hospital gave me is good." Valentina lied while reluctantly thanking the system mentally.

The scent had worked its magic. Although her body still ached a bit, and the bruises were still there, she felt much more at ease than yesterday. The swelling on her cheek had disappeared as well, and her face was clear, so she was quite happy. It seemed the good-for-nothing system was useful for something after all.

[......] Why did it catch a stray bullet after working so hard?

"I'm glad to hear it. What are your plans for the day, Valentina?"

"I want to host a live for my followers. Since I got so many new ones from the incident, I think it would be good to chat with them and talk about the situation that happened as well as answer any questions people may have."

"Hmmm, do you have a camera, microphone, and lights?"

"No? I just planned on using my phone and doing it in my room by the window." Valentina replied, confused. Why would she have to do all that with a casual live? It wasn't as if it were an official statement for a company. This was just something quick to connect with fans in a casual setting, not a formal production. And besides, she didn't have any of those items and didn't want to spend her money on them since it was something the agency should provide.

Kaiser simply arched his brow at her before continuing to speak, "When did you plan on doing this?"

"Probably after I eat?"

"Sigh. Alright. I'll help you set it up in my office and lend you my stuff. Luca."

Kaiser called his name with no response. Luca simply focused his head on his bowl of cereal, bringing the spoon carefully to his mouth each time.

"Luca." Kaiser was ignored by a four-year-old yet again.

Seeing Luca's unwilling expression, Kaiser held back a sigh while rubbing the bridge of his nose.

"Luca, stop sulking and look at me."

No response.

"...fine. Go get your laptop for your auntie to use when you're done eating."

"Okay!" the little nugget stuffed his remaining spoon of cereal into his mouth before running deng deng deng up the stairs, completely ignoring his father the entire time.

Seeing the boy running away happily, Kaiser sighed while muttering, "Is this puberty?"

"I think he's a little young for that. Why are you two fighting?" Valentina asked curiously.