V

v - elation.

4th of June, 2023, Chicago

-8:30pm-

AS Pippa made her way to the VIP tent, following closely behind the Taylor Nation worker, she thought vigorously about the situation she was in. The past couple of hours resembled something nothing less than a fever dream, and Pippa wanted to let her body burn in all its vicious glory. If she woke up and none of it was real, then at least it would be the best fucking dream she's ever had. Pippa was trembling, no – seizing – with anticipation.

"Hello again, Pippa," Gracie greeted when the shorter girl and her best friend made it to the tent.

"Um, hello again, Gracie," Pippa relayed, running on nothing but anxiety and excitement, "Uh, this is my best friend, Minnie."

Gracie stuck out her hand to shake Minnie's, Pippa laughed at her best friend's priceless reaction. It was like she was glitching. Perhaps Minnie's eyes would start displaying 'Error 404' screens.

"Hello? You gonna leave me hanging here?" Gracie quipped, offering a slanted grin.

"Yes! I mean, no! I mean, I'm so sorry! This is just kind of surreal right now," Minnie justified, eventually shaking Gracie's hand after finally being able to pick her jaw back up from off the floor, "Pip, I promise, I will never, ever make fun of you for having the bladder of a four year old child ever again."

"Jasmine Abigail Davis, is there really nothing better to talk about right this very moment?!" Pippa whisper-yelled as she elbowed her best friend in the hip.

"Not if you call me 'Jasmine' ever again, Penelope Mabel Doves!" Minnie scolded back, repeating the former infringement her best friend made on her.

"Oh no, not the government names!" Gracie laughed at the two friends' antics.

The night slipped away faster than a summer as the three girls laughed and danced and sang and cried. In the effervescent surroundings, Pippa didn't think she could ever feel more free. Of course, the VIP tent was further away from the stage than their original seats, however it was elevated. And that elevation meant that Pippa could see absolutely everything. Disbelief was still the lifeblood pumping through her veins, and if she bled out tonight, she would've died content.

-9:30pm-

"You ready? It's time," Gracie leaned in and whispered in Pippa's ear. She had made a conscious effort not to touch the younger girl.

"Ready for what, Gracie?" Pippa asked in response, trying her best to ignore the shiver that ran down her spine at the singer's sudden closeness.

"Well, I made you a promise earlier and I intend to keep it," Gracie replied with a sly smile that reeked of mischief.

"What are you talking about?" Pippa raised an eyebrow.

Before she could get an answer however, she was once again being led out of the VIP tent by some member of Taylor Nation. Pippa tried to make sense of her path. And why wasn't Minnie coming with her? She watched as the worker dressed in all black led her to the front of the center stage section, opening the gate in the barricade with a key from the carabiner strapped to her hip. Pippa's breath catches in her throat. There was absolutely no way this was happening right now.

Except it was. And Pippa was kneeling on a platform with her hands on the fucking Eras Tour stage, and she was frantically flicking through the dozens of friendship bracelets on her arms so she didn't accidentally give Taylor motherfucking Swift a bracelet that said 'YES WHALE' or 'ATWTMVTVFTVSGAVRALPS' or something stupid like that, and she was watching the Taylor Swift skip up towards her with the biggest and warmest smile she had ever seen, and she was a sobbing mess while her face was being projected on a screen for like sixty thousand people to see.

out of the blue | gracie abramsOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara