III

III - hesitate.

4th of June, 2023, Chicago

–7:56pm–

"I- I- Well, I-" Pippa was at a loss for words, not even fully processing her bruised elbows and the pain that was radiating from them down her nerves to her fingertips.

"I'm so sorry, I should've been looking where I was going. Here, let me help you up," Gracie offered, moving to wrap her arm around Pippa's waist so she could put her weight on her.

Pippa flinched away.

"Uh, no that's okay, I'm- I'm okay," Pippa started shaking her head profusely, backing away from Gracie slightly, "I- um, I should really get going I-"

"Of course, I'm so sorry, again," Gracie nodded her head in understanding.

If it wasn't for the fact that Pippa was growing increasingly desperate for the bathroom, she would've turned on her heels and ran away as fast as she could right then. But alas, Pippa really, really shouldn't have drank that last matcha latte while getting ready earlier that evening.

"I hate to even ask this but, do you possibly have a bathroom in... whatever is through that door?" Pippa asked, her palms sweating into oblivion.

"Of course! Oh my god, it's the least I could do, come with me," Gracie said, leading the way and crossing past the security guards that were stationed at the door.

Abby trailed not far behind the pair, preoccupied with something on her phone. Gracie led Pippa down a long hallway, eventually leading to a dressing room with a sign that read, 'GRACIE ABRAMS' in big, black font. Gracie pushed the door open, holding it for Pippa as she hesitantly trailed in behind. Pippa tried not to think about the fact that directly opposite from the door she was walking into was Taylor Alison Motherfucking Swift's dressing room. What?!

"There's a bathroom in that corner over there," Gracie pointed to the corner of her dressing room.

"Um, thank you," Pippa whispered shakily, crossing the room and promptly locking herself in the bathroom.